Pics of innovatek

A couple more for good measure

headrests5.jpg

headrests6.jpg

Super super easy

There is like a DIN type plug that comes out of the bottom of the headrest post that fit right into the post hole on my seats (which I was worried about, because a standard RCA plug wouldn't fit thru on my car). There was then a part that I could undo on the back of my seat so that i could lift the seat cover up a bit and access the inside. I just fed the wire down, grabbed onto it, plugged it into the a/v/power cable, wrapped up the excess, tucked it inside the seat and put the seat back together. All in all, 5 minutes per seat at most, once I figured out what I had to do to get the seat apart.

I suppose it's worth noting that I ran into a power issue though....

Originally i had an 18awg line running from behind my dash to power my Sirius receiver. I tapped off this line for power for my screens and video amp which is also mounted under my seat. It didn't really occur to me at the time, but looking back now, that's a big load to run on an 18awg wire. Not only that, i have like a million connections under my seat so that everything can get power the way I want it to. I have one of those terminal strips for powering multiple devices, but I had to make little jumpers to go to each block as they are all isolated. So there ended up being a big power drop, becuase it was going from an 18awg line, a tap running to a relay, and then to my distro block which is a few more connections. With the car off, the voltage on the terminals reads about 10.5v, about 12.5v with the car running. I discovered this problem when I tried to run both screens with the car off and only one would run at a time... when I would turn one on the other would shut off. I couldn't figure it out at first until the DMM revealed this problem. So last night I ordered a 10awg amp kit from hifisoundconnection.com and I am going to use that to run a line directly from my battery to the block.

I'm not sure if this will be relevant or not to you, but since I don't know what you are going to do for power, you should keep this in mind. I haven't checked to see if any specs were given with the screens, but it seems to me like they might draw a lot of power for what they are.

Just thought I would add this little tidbit, never know if it might be useful or not //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

LOL THATS GREAT

my biggest concern though personally is my head rest i have a 99 cavy and im not sure if theyll fit.... plus you got an awesomely sweet deal on those and i cant find them anywhere on eby for that price. well thanks for all the screens and feel free to pst more. i guess now your rddy

lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.