Porsche 924 to 944

LoudCrownVic
5,000+ posts

1/1 of Team Team Team
I have a Porsche 924S (pics later) which i would like to convert into a 944 possibly by getting the fiberglass fender flares (which comes in a kit).

These two cars are almost identical except for the dashes, the rear valence, and some of the body lines, including these flares- which my car des not have.

I have a whole 944 parts car but it is pretty booger'd... I have had no luck finding this 924 to 944 kit or any others within the 'States. Anyone who knows anything... Please help!

I have a Porsche 924S (pics later) which i would like to convert into a 944 possibly by getting the fiberglass fender flares (which comes in a kit).
These two cars are almost identical except for the dashes, the rear valence, and some of the body lines, including these flares- which my car des not have.

I have a whole 944 parts car but it is pretty booger'd... I have had no luck finding this 924 to 944 kit or any others within the 'States. Anyone who knows anything... Please help!
Isnt the engine different as well?

now i know this has nothing to do with your post but my dad's old mechanic had a 944 and somehow stuffed a built ford 460 into it supercharged whole shibang **** he couldnt keep the tires from spinning

That would be interesting... I wanted to put a Mustang Cobra 4.6 in her (the new supercharged ones) but I didn't really see how I would utilze the REAR mounted transmission...

Yes, my car only does 120- 125, meybbe 130, but it gets there fairly quickly and is balanced for the corners. This is all I really need.

Jeez, there is a link to Porsche body kits in the banner ad, lol!

do a 924 turbo motor. or a 944 turbo motor. the latter had 300 hp and will move that car very nicely.
I am not worried so much about speed right now... I found the body kit site, thats what I need. A supercharger and a 75 shot of nitrous might come later. Main problem is the tranny will not hold up to much- it needs a 951 or a 928 tranny to handle alot more HP.

Seriously, read the catalogue for the 944/924 they have carbon fiber DOORS available... It's insane.

Do you have the 4 speed or the 5? If you have the 4 you are in luck as it can take plenty of power, even the 5 isn't bad in my 89 Turbo (S) with nearly 300hp it had no problems and the 4 is more robust. A lot of local tuners plop them in when they get nuts with 944T or S or 968's. The 928 tranny is junk, especially the Mercedes built automatics. (boo anyway)

Do you have the 4 speed or the 5? If you have the 4 you are in luck as it can take plenty of power, even the 5 isn't bad in my 89 Turbo (S) with nearly 300hp it had no problems and the 4 is more robust. A lot of local tuners plop them in when they get nuts with 944T or S or 968's. The 928 tranny is junk, especially the Mercedes built automatics. (boo anyway)
Interesting... I have the five speed. I have a whole parts car with another one in it exactly the same.

Basically what I'm looking to do is make a awesome looking, nice driving vehicle.

Now I need to sell some body parts for car parts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.