Question about second battery and isolators

But what about low level listening? Like 1/5 volume

I now know that a battery wouldn't last long when i've got it turned up and in affect ruin my amp because of the voltage drop but what about listening at a very low volume, that you could easily talk over. Just like background noise.

But what about low level listening? Like 1/5 volume
I now know that a battery wouldn't last long when i've got it turned up and in affect ruin my amp because of the voltage drop but what about listening at a very low volume, that you could easily talk over. Just like background noise.
Then in turn it SHOULD last longer

For when im just out chilling with my mates? Could be parked up for like an hour and i would rather sit with the volume on 01 than sit in silence. I'm not going to blast it every time i have my radio on.

you do realize just by turning your amp on it is creating a draw from your electrical correct? and it will still drain your electrical?

system on, car on. or you will blow things.

But doesn't it increase the amount of current it draws by the voltage of the input signal? The headunit volume? I wouldn't of thought my amp would be drawing 200A with the volume on 00 as its got no signal to amplify, the same with a low voltage signal.

I'm not arguing with anyone i just don't like following advice i do not understand.

But doesn't it increase the amount of current it draws by the voltage of the input signal? The headunit volume? I wouldn't of thought my amp would be drawing 200A with the volume on 00 as its got no signal to amplify, the same with a low voltage signal.
I'm not arguing with anyone i just don't like following advice i do not understand.
Voltage = Current x Resistance

You are correct, at a lower volume of continuous play your battery will last longer than at higher volume of continuous play. Here's the thing, Your ABC amplifier is designed to operate at a manufactures designated voltage of XX.X. With every passing second of continuous play volume MAX or Otherwise that voltage decreases, eventually the voltage drops below the Manufactures Designated Operating Voltage.

So Far so good?

Moving on, now we are moving into current, Amplifier ABC was manufactured to operate within a current range that would allow the amp to maintain proper operating temperature without melting any of its components. Each note of the song requires the the amplifier to pull a certain amount of designated current through the its circuit board's capacitors, transistors, etc, etc. just to produce that single note, With that decrease in voltage comes an increase in current to compensate, while still producing the same note. As the current increases as a result of lower voltage, the added current (increased electron flow) through the components of the amplifier creates more heat, as the amplifier heats up so do the components within it.

Any of this starting to shed the light.

Lastly resistance, as the temperature or the components rise due to low voltage, the heat becomes a factor in the calculation of resistance, now you have low voltage and greater resistance, requiring even more current for the amplifier to operate.

And all this happened in ONE electrical system on the first note of the first track you started to listen to when you turned off your vehicle. How many more electrical systems are the in your car; Charging System, ECM, BCM, ETC, ETC...? all to save $4.00 in gas.

Yeh i understand that thanks.

Regarding the battery, is it better to wait a few weeks until i can afford 2 identical batteries and install them both at the same time? One in the back and one replacing the one under my bonnet.

Hi, the chassis can flow a lot more current than a 6 mtr long cable, you would be better running a "short large cable" to the chassis from both batteries and fitting a 200 amp continuous duty solenoid in the '+' with one trigger "coil" wire going to IGN and the other to START then this wont drain your rear battery when you are cranking the engine.

the larger the cable run through the car the better, less voltage drop to the amps at full load.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.