Question on iPad mini install

Participant count
  • Participant list

akatreyt
10+ year member

I'm going to be installing an iPad mini as my head unit in my charger and I have a question about the wiring. Can I take iPad mini -> into iStreamer -> Clarion EQS746 -> amps -> speakers. With this setup I'm skipping the digital processor, I'm not sure why it's needed if you have an EQ. Please let me know if this is a goo way to go or if I'm going to be needing some other components.

Not sure how to tag people on here but 04murdalanche might know. The way we are going to do it is; from mini to Headunit thru a USB. Then just have that as the auxiliary source. He was going to go from mini to RF 360.2 and eliminate the HU. But I guess that depends on if you had space for the HU and if you just don't want it there. I definitely wanted it, that's why I'm keeping the HU. Just relocating it.

Anyways ill direct him here. He may have more info.

@04murdalanche

[quote name='03F150MrSBF']Not sure how to tag people on here but 04murdalanche might know. The way we are going to do it is; from mini to Headunit thru a USB. Then just have that as the auxiliary source. He was going to go from mini to RF 360.2 and eliminate the HU. But I guess that depends on if you had space for the HU and if you just don't want it there. I definitely wanted it, that's why I'm keeping the HU. Just relocating it.

Anyways ill direct him here. He may have more info.

@04murdalanche[/QUOTE]

I don't want a HU, I just want to completely replace it with this ipad setup.

I don't want a HU, I just want to completely replace it with this ipad setup.
Yes you can run it that way however you will be wasting your money on that I streamer being that you won't get a digital signal through the eqs, notice my sig, I tried the same thing, sounded good, but was lacking. If you're stuck on the EQS then get a iPad AV cable and plug the audio inputs into the EQ and call it a day

Yes you can run it that way however you will be wasting your money on that I streamer being that you won't get a digital signal through the eqs, notice my sig, I tried the same thing, sounded good, but was lacking. If you're stuck on the EQS then get a iPad AV cable and plug the audio inputs into the EQ and call it a day
I want to dive a bit deeper into this if you dont mind. There are a lot of people doing iStreamer to Audison bit ten to amps, doing this you're still only getting an analog signal to the Audison from the iStreamer. Or am I missing something here?

Edit

From the research I've seen it seems that the Audison bit ten is just for tuning, it takes an analog signal and gives you a in between to tune to your amps. What I think the iStreamer does that is an advantage over using straight rca to either eq or processor is it gives you a dac that will gives a high quality analog output form a digital source, where as the rca from ipad gives you a lower quality signal, so you lose so a lot of quality.

^^^ link for clarity http://www.mymac.com/2012/07/istreamer-for-ipod-iphone-ipad-review/

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to dive a bit deeper into this if you dont mind. There are a lot of people doing iStreamer to Audison bit ten to amps, doing this you're still only getting an analog signal to the Audison from the iStreamer. Or am I missing something here?
Edit

From the research I've seen it seems that the Audison bit ten is just for tuning, it takes an analog signal and gives you a in between to tune to your amps. What I think the iStreamer does that is an advantage over using straight rca to either eq or processor is it gives you a dac that will gives a high quality analog output form a digital source, where as the rca from ipad gives you a lower quality signal, so you lose so a lot of quality.

^^^ link for clarity iStreamer for iPod, iPhone, iPad Review
I see, never knew that.. Seems like you can, I would just run it to the bit ten though and have all the lovely tuning abilities.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.