Real noob at HT... Can i use 10w3v2? Amps?

I noticed most sites have actual HT subs. Been looking around at these plate amps and such... no idea what im doing. I have 2 10w3v2's sitting in my room that i had used in my car and no longer need them in there (since i got my 18xxx //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif ) Anyways, i was looking at this amp:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=300-794

First off, the question is CAN i use my 10's for HT? I have no idea what im doing here and have been searching forums but every post seems to already know something that I dont about HT. So i will be blunt. I have a big Peavey guitar amp and a little Crate here... like i said i know nothing about HT amps so im wondering if its possible to use them even? I deff need some help on this stuff. Been into car audio for awhile and i took out my 15w0 and 10w3v2's. Dont want to sell the 10s really, i love them. But i have no use for them unless i can hook em up to my computer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif . I have an upgraded sound card and everything... i have a mono sub RCA out aswell. Really just a noob at this and would like to bump in the basement //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

What about the whole guitar amp version? Would that work at all? Or would i have to buy a plate amp... i have a acoustin authority sub on my computer already. If i opened it up would the amp in there be able to push my 10's?

Why? I thought it sounded like a good idea since it would be free...i dont use my guitar amp. But like i said, i know nothing about HT so... ill take your advice. Theres that amp i posted on the first post for $55 on ebay. Was thinking i should get it. I just run regular speaker wire that i have sealed into my box already to it and and rca to my computer? plug it in and its good? Sounds too easy

2x D6 wires to 3 or 6, right? You might be ok with one of the plates off PE.

Where is this RCA out you mention, on a receiver or the sound card? I dont think I've seen a sound-card with an RCA unless you have one of those external beasts.

Run that out to a receiver, a budjet 5.1 off ebay will do fine for fairlyl cheap. Build an enclosure complete with plate amp and bump away...at least thats what I did.

Well i built my computer... so i put the intel D915PBL motherboard in it... its onboard audio so... high definition 8-channel... it enables 7.1 surround //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Receiver? And again im back to whats wrong with the big ****in ass peavey amp i have? Couldnt i just take the amp out of it basically? I have my 10's in 2 sealed enclosures all ready to be hooked up so...

Home audio is vastly different from car audio. Unless you have prior experience, I would not recommend building your own sub enclosure. Acoustics in a room are very different from acoustics in an automobile. Speaker companies spend lots and lots of time on research of how to get a flat frequency response with their subwoofers while maintaining decent spl. If you just want loud, you can do it. But if you want a flat response and good SQ, it's not gonna happen w/o some research and a good design. Hope this helps.

The onboard sound is only going to act like a headunit and feed the receiver. Your still going to need something to power the sub .If your peavy can do it at the right load, go for it. I just read another thread showing how a guy made a tig welder from an alternator...necessity is the mother of invention bro. But I dont know what you would do for your satellite speakers. Are you replacing a sub from a current computer speaker system or are you going DIY?

If you model it, achieving good SQ with DIY enclosures is extremely possible...absolutely nothing fundamentally more difficult with building a subwoofer enclosure for the home than a vehicle.

If anything, accurate modeling of the vehicle environment is far more difficult.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.