relay switch

Participant count
  • Participant list
wheres a good one to buy?also i know theres a million types of them probably, which one is best for a car?

or would a circuit breaker work better?
a relay is a high current switch.

a curcit breaker is like a resetable fuse..

what are you trying to do?

i had to take in my car today for them to fix my window since it went off track.

the tech thats always there when i bring my car in told me a relay switch can fix my problem once i narrow down what wire isnt working. hes also gonna print me out a wiring diagram so i can tell what does what a little better. what do you think i should do? car-tunes down here by my house ***** total *******, they couldnt even understand my problem, they wanted all my equipment in to look at, after i wasted 10 bucks in gas just to get there.

i would just run wire's to the actual ignition harness of the car, you can pick up constant 12v, and switched there..

i dont understand where a relay will get you in this situation.... humm..

baybe a relay in the fuse box under the hood went bad??

i checked every single fuse in that ***** and theyre all good. idk what the hell is going on, its been seriously pissing me off.

i was going to run new wires directly from my battery. since i cant have a switched 12 v line, i figured a relay switch could be used to turn everything off, so i dont drain the battery

i was going to run new wires directly from my battery. since i cant have a switched 12 v line, i figured a relay switch could be used to turn everything off, so i dont drain the battery
with out me being there and trouble shooting it myself, it's hard to say bro..

i had a mazda do this to me once, the switched power went out completely and i could not find a dead fuse or bad realy at all..

so i ran constant and switched from the ignition harness for the deck. worked fine.

alright.. when the tech guy prints me out a schematic ill look at it and find it. so ill tap into the ignition wire, with the switched 12v line right? fuse that with a 10-15 amp fuse and solder it in there, correct?

ok i got it working now. first i replaced the rdo/intpl fuse, that didnt help. it is in fact my 12v switched line that has a short somewhere within the wire beneath the insulation, otherwise it would work. so what i did was wire the 2 power wires to my constant 12v line, and my hu has a power on and off button so it cant drain my battery. as for the amp im using a jump line from my 12v+ to my remote line, it ***** having to disconnect it when im done driving, but it works. thanks for all your guys' input, it helped me out a great deal not having some dumbass car shop guy do it for me.

http://www.oznium.com/rocker-switch

order one of these or find one at radio shack.

use one of these switches or get 2 of them if desired to set them as a remote relay for your amps and even the head unit if desired. with the same 12v source your are using run it to the rocker switch. ground it somewhere in the car or some other ground near by. then run the out - line to your amps remote.

i have one of these set for my "angel eyes" in my head lights. since they are blue and military cops get pissy about them i can manually shut them off when ever i need to.

plus with the LED light on the button it's a great indicator if i left them on or not.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.