Remote start+5 speed

Allrighty just checked out the astrostart, same thing . While they both say they are compatable with vehicles euipped with manual transmission. THe only safety feature either offers is the e-brake switch. Which is a common feature among other systems as well. He!! in dash monitors have the same thing so dumba$$es don't watch tv while they drive. Once again I am back to asking. What makes these any safer ???? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
it's because the systems keep your car running as a Turbo timer would, once you open, then shut your door, it locks, and shuts down the car, if at any time, the alarm goes off, or unlocked... or sees any type of tampering, it WILL NOT REMOTE START...

now your right, what does make them safer, really nothing, but it is kinda foolproof for some people, some people may not want to take the risk... me personally, I've been an installer for 5 years now, and those 2 systems, the compustar, and astrostart are the only 2 I would trust...

it's because the systems keep your car running as a Turbo timer would, once you open, then shut your door, it locks, and shuts down the car, if at any time, the alarm goes off, or unlocked... or sees any type of tampering, it WILL NOT REMOTE START... now your right, what does make them safer, really nothing, but it is kinda foolproof for some people, some people may not want to take the risk... me personally, I've been an installer for 5 years now, and those 2 systems, the compustar, and astrostart are the only 2 I would trust...
Where do you install in Cincy?

NG

it's because the systems keep your car running as a Turbo timer would, once you open, then shut your door, it locks, and shuts down the car, if at any time, the alarm goes off, or unlocked... or sees any type of tampering, it WILL NOT REMOTE START... ...

As do about 99% of other systems as well. What I am saying is this, they ( compustart, and astrostart) both say they are manual trans compatable. Yet there is no monitoring of the shifter. I.E. both will attempt a start while in gear If jobo the clown leaves the car in gear. I'm not worried about it starting or not starting while being , or having been tampered with. My shop sell compustart as well. I'm gonna nail down the rep next time he comes in. I want to hear it straight from the horses mouth so to speak. I'm not trying to start a war. I would really like to know what makes them any safer. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Im about to get my done soon. Theres a guy in greensboro nc that does them. You got to sign a waiver before he do the work. I was thinking of getting the compustar one.

Local laws hear can still hold the installer and place of employment liable with or without a release form. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

As do about 99% of other systems as well. What I am saying is this, they ( compustart, and astrostart) both say they are manual trans compatable. Yet there is no monitoring of the shifter. I.E. both will attempt a start while in gear If jobo the clown leaves the car in gear. I'm not worried about it starting or not starting while being , or having been tampered with. My shop sell compustart as well. I'm gonna nail down the rep next time he comes in. I want to hear it straight from the horses mouth so to speak. I'm not trying to start a war. I would really like to know what makes them any safer. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I would too, lemme know what he says... whos the rep?? I might know him... depending on who it is. is it John Cosmos?

I would too, lemme know what he says... whos the rep?? I might know him... depending on who it is. is it John Cosmos?

I do believe his first name is John, I have only met him once. My partner does most of the smoozing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif He has the business brain. I have the installer brain //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If you do remote start your manual trans car, please stay out of Oregon, because the one time you leave it in gear and start it, and it jumps I'm sure with my luck it will jump into the front or back of my car. Then I'd have to remotely kick your ass. Bad idea dude.

If you do remote start your manual trans car, please stay out of Oregon, because the one time you leave it in gear and start it, and it jumps I'm sure with my luck it will jump into the front or back of my car. Then I'd have to remotely kick your ass. Bad idea dude.
that is why compustar and astrostart are good, they're idiot proof, so u can't leave it in gear

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.