Replacing 12v with USB

goodguy8705
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I would like to replace my 12v plug in my center console with a permanent USB port that is connected to the back of my receiver. My car has two and I don't really need them both so I figured it would look clean and keep my drive safe.

Problem is, I can't find the cable I saw a year or so ago made to fit where a 12v normally is. One end had a female type A USB port that was supposed to fit down into the circular hole you normally plug 12v devices into. It was long enough that you could run the other end underneath the center console and up the back of the dash to the receiver.

Before someone posts a 12v to USB adapter for charging ****, that's not what I want.

Any of you guys know what I'm talking about, and if not, can you point me in the right direction on the best way to do this?

I'm unfamiliar with that item, but you could get some ABS plastic or whatever your dash is made of and some glue and make your own little mount for it.

Fibahglass!
I agree. Maybe find the cord, then build your own way to mount the slot where ever you need.

Or use the cigarette light adapter, but hide the cords and fab up a mount, may not be the way you want, but should work and give you the clean look you want.

I would take something like this and go from there. You will need to fab a mount for it and then rewire the connector to adapt to the HU, but that is easy to do.

cb-br0311-s1-w1.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.