Sealing so only speaker itself is exposed

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dominic Lam

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey so ive got three options when it comes to sealing the speaker. I have already done sound dampening and gotten acrostic foam and this would be the final touches. Was considering fast rings but they are hella overpriced in Australia $50 for a pair. So I wanted an alternative to fast rings 

Which would be the best option?

1. Keep the speaker without anything and exposed.

2. Cover metal frame with a layer of weather proofing tape

3. Cover the metal frame with a layer of sound deadening.

Thanks in advance

Hey so ive got three options when it comes to sealing the speaker. I have already done sound dampening and gotten acrostic foam and this would be the final touches. Was considering fast rings but they are hella overpriced in Australia $50 for a pair. So I wanted an alternative to fast rings 

Which would be the best option?

1. Keep the speaker without anything and exposed.

2. Cover metal frame with a layer of weather proofing tape

3. Cover the metal frame with a layer of sound deadening.

Thanks in advance
are you talking about mounting door speakers? also wtf is acrostic foam?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.