Silverado DDZ build

Did some Illuminati shit that I learned in geometry class to find the center of the circle
IMG_20150829_112625_785_zpscbduhmet.jpg

Mid fit

IMG_20150829_124649_404_zpscifwtwto.jpg

I used a hole saw to cut the tweeter mounting hole. Mistake to leave the mid mounted in the baffle. The edge of the blade bit wrong and skipped onto the cone of the mid. Tore through the dust cap and part of the cone //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Now I got a stencil for future reference..

IMG_20150829_131651_777_zpswicsoj8u.jpg

Here's everything mounted in the door. Probably going to bondo the edge of the plywood layers and then wrap with fabric

http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag209/adulbrich/IMG_20150829_131643_937_zpspf9dqyxk.jpg[/

Kinda impressed Big Homie ! They would have really benefited from you finding the router I think though.

Great systems = 80% skills + 10% beer + 10% equipment

there is some great equipment here

beer is pretty cheap and easy to get

skills...well I will leave that alone

Fair enough. Im def a function over form guy.
Thats my prob ! I want best of both and thats pretty hard sometimes but I keep working at it ! OP sounds like he has got it all down on tech side atleast alot more than I do esp for his age and the implementation of the plan will improve as he redoze it 300 times lol plus once you get it playing you can always make it look the way you want it.

I had to space them out from the existing speaker holes. I think stock was 5 1/4. Otherwise, it wouldn't fit
i could swear all our trucks were 6.5 in the doors but they have tiny mounting diameters on stock speakers or something, it was hard to fit a 6.7 in there.

Great systems = 80% skills + 10% beer + 10% equipment
there is some great equipment here

beer is pretty cheap and easy to get

skills...well I will leave that alone
This is the biggest build I've ever done, so it's a learning process

He s only 17 give him a break! The skills will come along. Off to a good start at least.
Thanks man

Oh, I didn't realize.
GREAT JOB OP
Yep

Basically

Thats my prob ! I want best of both and thats pretty hard sometimes but I keep working at it ! OP sounds like he has got it all down on tech side atleast alot more than I do esp for his age and the implementation of the plan will improve as he redoze it 300 times lol plus once you get it playing you can always make it look the way you want it.
Yeah, will most likely re-do it again

I'm thinking about covering the box with mirrors..... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

i could swear all our trucks were 6.5 in the doors but they have tiny mounting diameters on stock speakers or something, it was hard to fit a 6.7 in there.
I can go take a picture of the hole with a tape measure. Definitely smaller than 6 inches

Well speaker might be 6.5 but magnet is like one off a 3.5 so either you gotta space it out or grow a pair and cut it out lol I tried to Do everything but cut it out and was never happy with the sound or looks of it so I cut the ***** !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its better you dont.. Replacing a panel is cheaper then welding or replacing a door.
I dont like cutting my truck up and i drive a 2000

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk
Yeah, I agree. My truck is a lot more expensive than my car was.

Plus, I've only got one vehicle now

I'd rather not cut the door right now if at all possible
I wouldnt cut that truck either I gotta say lol mine is old 96 so its ok and I cant really resale it for enough that that would be a deal breaker and also I only do things I got a plan B for as in being able to put stock ones or atleast replacement speakers if I did want to sell it. Except for the two 3 inch holes i drilled through the bed floor for electrical in tool box and even then I could put another tool box back in and cover them up. Ha Ha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.