so lets say someone decided to spill a fuckload of coffee on my deck

jsluss17
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
i was driving and that the deck kept cutting out and the screen washed out so i take the faceplate off and theres a puddle of coffee behind it. is this a sign of me being extremely screwed where it could mess up like all my electronics in the car?

i used a blow dryer on the faceplate and its working now but do you think thats only a temporary fix or do you think it could be fixed for sure now?

As long as you get it dried out before it shorts out you should be. Might be pretty sticky though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif id take the hair dryer to it a few more times and let it sit for a few days before attempting to use it. Nake sure its completely dry and it could still work.

As long as you get it dried out before it shorts out you should be. Might be pretty sticky though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif id take the hair dryer to it a few more times and let it sit for a few days before attempting to use it. Nake sure its completely dry and it could still work.
bury the whole headunit in a bucket of cat litter I do this when I spill stuff on my electronics the Cat Litters draws out and desolves moisture would take about a day or overnight to do it effectivly. Trust me this works I'm not pulling your chain google it I've done it to phones and ipods.

bury the whole headunit in a bucket of cat litter I do this when I spill stuff on my electronics the Cat Litters draws out and desolves moisture would take about a day or overnight to do it effectivly. Trust me this works I'm not pulling your chain google it I've done it to phones and ipods.
I have heard of people using rice to draw out moisture like that. Supposed to work fairly well. I always just take the electronics apart and blow dry on low and then let it air dry. The blow dryer helps to blow the moisture out of the hard places... I've done this with several phones and its always worked.

Take it apart, blow it out with compressed air. Let it dry out in the open for a few days before you assemble it. You might need to buy some electronics cleaner or use rubbing alcohol to clean up any residue.

This will prevent any corrosion from forming. I have had to repair a lot of laptops with liquids spilled on them. About 50% of the time it takes out the motherboard and rice won't draw out the moisture fast enough.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.