somethin wrong wit acc wire

Participant count
  • Participant list
some fuses are downstream of other fuses. start by checking more fuses. instead of checking all of them, you could pick up a Haynes manual so you have schematics.

if your fuse box is damaged and you need another ignition wire. you can make your own by taking a wire to the battery (fused at the battery), then using a relay to create your switched ignition. tap a functioning ignition source somewhere in the fuse box and use that to power the coil. the coil uses so little current, it won't hurt the fuse you tap. you can use one relay for each desired ignition source, or one relay for both. if you reduce wire size, add another fuse for the smaller wire.

check the fusebox if the fuse is blown. had the same problem and you got to find that fuse that is fusing the 12 acc. dont know the car, but its a start. took me 3 days to find a small lil fuse that was right under my steering wheel. lol

i've used these Bussman fuse blocks before. Autoparts stores sell them.

Bussmann 15600-06-20 Fuse Block ASSY.

b748fa69-a489-4d17-9e55-03676b85efe9.JPG

allows you to have one input and individually fused outputs. the relay could feed this then you have multiple fused outputs. granted, the relay can usually only handle 30A or 40A and the wire at the battery would need to be fused for the relay contact rating. 10awg for 30A and 8awg for 40A.

how many fuses have you checked? and by checked, i mean use a DMM and measure voltage on both metal tabs (while inserted in fuse box) with the car running. both in the cabin and engine bay. that's the fastest way to trace voltage.

you need to find out where the ignition voltage is being lost. first step is always with a DMM and probing voltage at every fuse, then noting where those fuses are on the schematic. if i were to fix your problem, i would start with a schematic and a DMM.

fuse boxes can develop loose connections or even melt if load is added to them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.