Sound Innovations in Hayward, CA

acousticguitar
10+ year member

Law and Order
Got my work done at Sound Innovations... you can tell they know their stuff from the start. Ernie, the owner, was peeling off my panels to look around for spaces to install my stuff. Playing with chairs, ripping off panels, taking rough measurements. He even had comments regardign my gear. (which of course is a budget SQ system, not a top of the line system that his shop normally does)

I ended up bugging him for suggestions all the time, changed equipment before install, etc. He was cool about everything.

Wiring was neat, connections well done. He did some great cutting on my car where it mattered, etc.

Only problem was that he forgot I wanted HIM to supply 12 ga for my subwoofer and only use the 14 ga bunch i provided for the speakers. He used my 14 ga for all speakers incl sub. (he offered to re-do the 12 ga if i wanted to, but that point, but i figured not worth it)

Very honest, straightforward. His shop is really busy so you might have to wait a few min to get an estimate, but he's a really good guy, knows his stuff, and does good installs. A little costly, but then again, he pays his installers well (w/ benefits) and is highly recommended by about everyone in the world.

Thumbs up.

^just went there earlier afternoon for a quote, great honest guy, definately cares about his customers and what they want, and is charging 85/hr (Compared to about 95/hr at Pro Audio) He'll be working on my car tomorrow, I'll update on how everything goes.

I talked to a guy named Wes about fiberglass pods, he said it wasn't even an option

told me 4" components would perform just as well as the 6.5" that I wanted to fit

he wanted to charge me $900 for wiring all my equipment

ah saw this on the main page, forgot to update on my install from them.

My install ended up taking 7 hours (I did the trunk myself, since that would've been another hour of labor and im on a budget), but we had already made an agreement before the install for 3 hours of labor (They've never worked on a tsx before, and ran into alot more things than they expected) Overall they did an amazing job, if you look at my car you can't even tell theres a system in it.

I was charged 225 for all doors, running new speaker wires, rca's, remote wires to the back, cutting some of the door metal, making spacers.

Although 225 is probably mid-high price to have an install, they definately know what they're doing and won't screw up your car. If I had any door speaker install knowledge I would've just spent 2 days on the car and do the install myself, but its a fairly new car and i didn't want to mess anything up.

While building my box as well, I didn't have a router to cut my hole, so I just showed up there and asked if they could do it for me, the wood cutting guy (i dont remember his name) did it for free since I had my system installed there, i just slipped him a few bucks for it.

92SC300 , talk to Ernie (owner) there and let him know you were refered by caraudio.com, and mention Johnny with the gray tsx, he'll probably give you a little discount.

thanks for the reply wong, I might pay them a visit next time I need something done, but I actually finished everything up a week or so ago

btw where in Oakland are you?

Had my old Alpine system put in by them, and got my Audison from them. Good guy, but I feel like I get on his nerves sometimes lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...