sq vs sql vs spl

• sq

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • sql

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • spl

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
I think a key thing being missed here is when people talk about spl, they are talking subs, and when about sq, they are talking about thier front stage.

A nice sql front stage is quite the experience imo, it can be amazing that it is so loud and dead on clear and accurate like sitting right in front of a live band.

SQL by far, its great to have something that sounds like sex to your ears and can also put up good #s on a meter. To me good sql is like having a 12sec daily driver, something that can perform well when called upon, but then you can ride home comfortably in it and take it to work the next day. Probably a bad comparison but hopefully I got my point across.
you Americans and your 1/4 mile times //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif but if I was going to make my comparison like that it'd be similar. Except I would have said a car that can perform on a track and then rip through the mountain passes on the way home.

I'd say with sq you have vanilla and spl you have chocolate. Both alone are alright ice creams but together they are great.

you Americans and your 1/4 mile times //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif but if I was going to make my comparison like that it'd be similar. Except I would have said a car that can perform on a track and then rip through the mountain passes on the way home.
We americans like the 1/4 mile because our obese bodies cause too much weight transfer to go through corners effectively //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

jaykay

Seriously though, what do you guys do over there, the 400m?

I don't need to tell anyone what I like...

But as I've gotten older, I have come to appreciate having my hearing, tinnitus is terrible and annoying as hell. You don't want it. The problem with pushing 150 in a car you sit in is the damage done to you and your passengers.

My car gets loud enough to become uncomfortable. The entire time, the sound stage is maintained and so is tonality/clarity. My subs are always turned down to blend with the front stage so I hear bass instruments in th sound stage. And they are 12 years old. With new subs, I could easily be louder... But I wouldn't use the extra output.

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

If you want a SPL capable vehicle that can give SQ, you run two separate sub setups.

I'm low budget SQ. My whole setup probably costs like 1k. Not enough room in my reg cab truck to have a SQL/SPL setup. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I always listen to music on my system so it's always sq for me, I've had people say my system isn't as loud as others but theirs can't hit the lows like mine can. That being said my current box is tuned to 25hz and on my next build I'll be going to 30hz because I am missing a bit of higher end output.

i agree... i dont like riding around all the time with mine full tilt. not saying im just ear busting loud anyway just saying. when i ride i usually wont go over 1/4 of the gain just because it annoys me... 1/2 gain is max for riding and thats only on a short distance.( 10 min ride max) other then that 1/4 gain....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...