Supercharging the 2003 Monte Carlo SS

Pick up a Chilton manual at Checker or somethin. Otherwise they will probably print out the schematic at the dealer.

BTW I've always wanted to do this to a car. I thought about doing it to my Xterra but the charger only added like 30hp

you sure about that bottom end? High compression and boost dont go good together. Is the stock bottom for a SC car cast or forged pistons? If its forged you would be pretty dumb not to do the short block at the same time.

The L67 and L32 have a 8.5 to 1 compression ratio

The L36 and L26 have a 9.4 to 1 compression ratio

its negligible but there... and no there is no difference, jsut more space.

no northstar, the swap is too difficult

and if you wanna pay for it, find the parts and im sure we could accomadate you

Hey guys an update. Been busy recently, ahvent had much time for an update. We finished cleaning the parts, I bought some new idlers and tensioners for the supercharger assembly, and we have all the gaskets, etc on order for this weekend. I am still waiting on a coil pack bracket, because the old one gets in the way of the snout of the supercharger. I also have a PCM and suprcharger gasket comin from ZZperformance via UPS. Fedex lost the first coil pack bracket, but Morad Parts Company has been extremely helpful and fast in getting the situation resolved. I would not hesitate to purchase from them again. I am also buying some new tires for the monte as well, bridgestone potenza RE960AS Pole positions, should give me some nice traction when I throw the torque down. This weekend should be interesting.

Ok, so we tore into the engine today, and found some interesting things. The car is an '03, Ive kept up on all maintenance, and when the LIM was removed, the gasket was broken. The coolant was leaning into the oil and vice versa. THEN we removed the heads, and found those gaskets were also leaking. YES you read right, LIM and HEAD gaskets were leaking. Luckily nothing is damaged, and just needs to be cleaned up, but an engine with 48,000 miles shouldnt have those problems. Don't have much on the way of pictures, but hopefully we'll have some more during assembly.

Ok, so we tore into the engine today, and found some interesting things. The car is an '03, Ive kept up on all maintenance, and when the LIM was removed, the gasket was broken. The coolant was leaning into the oil and vice versa. THEN we removed the heads, and found those gaskets were also leaking. YES you read right, LIM and HEAD gaskets were leaking. Luckily nothing is damaged, and just needs to be cleaned up, but an engine with 48,000 miles shouldnt have those problems. Don't have much on the way of pictures, but hopefully we'll have some more during assembly.
You a member over on clubgp? Been a long time since my GTP days, and when I left, that place was going to ****, so it may not be helpful anymore.

Sounds like a cool project. I had a 98 GTP back in '02, and had a Comp VS cam, DHP PCM, ported manifolds, ZZP pulley system with 3.0/3.2/3.4" pulleys, and some other exhaust work done. Sounds like you have your hands full with the project. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Im not on clubgp, Im on montecarloforums and grandprixforums. The project really isnt that bad. Tomorrow we are finishing cleaning it up, and reassembling everything, except for the coil pack bracket which we are still waiting for. After we get that in, we throw the belts on, do a security relearn for the new PCM, add oil and coolant, and start er up. Hopin to get the part by saturday but idk if we will. so maybe by monday we will be done.

Bumpin it up, almost done... Ran into some issues, but got it worked out. Ordered in Injector connectors, MAP sensor extension, supercharger bypass connector, new throttle body and a spacer, and new coil pack bracket, as well as a new shop to work... should be back up and running monday, brought in some outside help, a couple a guys from club gp. Ill post pics and a brief review of it...

If I were you with a full L67, I would have rebuilt and just dropped that in there. A ton less work for barely any difference. The high compression may also give you issues when you go to go down in pulley sizes, 'cause of more possibility of KR with the higher compression. Also, until you open up the exhaust, pem's or more + u-bend delete (or new downpipe) and catback, and CAI, I would stick with 3.8" pulley, and that already makes more boost than the stock L67.

Thank god I'm like 15 mins away from ZZP, hah!

yeah haha, I wasnt planning on doing any more mods for a bit, and was sticking with the stock pulley for now. Its gonna take a decent amount of time before I can add the rest of the mods.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.