SWC wiring switch

Participant count
  • Participant list

jmkcc

I have a steering wheel control wire that also sends horn signal. This is a modded steering wheel in my car and I do not have the OEM wiring. Basically SWC and horn receive 12v+. When the horn is pressed, it passes 12v to a module that measures resistance - if resistance is zero, it grounds the horn so it operates. If the resistance is not zero it passes the signal to the head unit as SWC.

The module will not interface with my car so I was wondering if it is possible to create some type of switching mechanism that will ground 12v zero resistance and send other 12v non zero resistance feed to the head unit. I'm not an electronics genius, but am good with sodlering gun and reworking station. So I could create a circuit board if someone can steer me in the right direction.

Thanks, JMK

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.