System recommendations

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'm new here so ill start by saying hi everyone! I am looking for some suggestions/opinions on a system I am planning on putting together in the near future. I have a 2003 extended cab Ford Ranger with a Kenwood excelon w397 HU and plan on installing coaxial the front and rear doors, a 10" in the back and a 5 channel amp. I have been out of the game for years so I'm not sure what is good anymore and what's not. I listen mainly to rock but sometimes want to throw on some Beastie Boys and thump. I was looking at a couple pairs of Alpine spr-68 for coax. For the sub, I would like to use one of the JL Audio packages that already come boxed. Any suggestions on these? Models I looked at were CS110LG-TW1, HO110RG-w3v3, or HO110-w6v3. I am looking for decent low end without breaking the bank. For amps,I had considered kenwood excelon x801-5 or a Precision power ppi p900.5. Does this look like a potentially decent setup? Suggestions on those subs? Amps? Any input is appreciated. Not trying to go broke but don't want junk either. Thanks!

Might wanna rethink your system then. It's not flee market crap. But it's not that good either. First off go with components in the front. You'll be glad you did next the Jl subsystem is their lower end models might be better off getting a better sub and definitely building a box instead of a prefab a 5 channel amp is ok if space is an issue. But there's much better out there alpine has one as well as American bass Memphis ppi and I think Phoenix gold to all of these are better options

Ok. Thanks for your reply! Space is an issue for sure. Like I said, I just want to bump up my sound for my commute to work but not looking to spend a ton. Can't justify dumping a bunch into it. I thought that JL w3 and w6 were pretty good speakers (not w7s but good). Is that not right? Also the only reason I was looking at those already enclosed is that I don't really want to spend the time making an enclosure but thought that the JL prefab would be better than some others. I priced a custom enclosure at the only nearby car audio place and it was gonna r7n about 300 before the sub for a single 10. So you think the precision ppi 900.5 would be ok or no good? I would like to keep amp cost below 400 for 5 channel with 400-500w rms x 1 @ 2ohm. Thanks again!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.