tint bubbling...normal?

the little microscopic sized bubbles are just were there is dust or something tiny underneath the tint. as far as bubbling goes, that is not normal. discoloration is normal for up to a few weeks. it takes some sub to go away.
Thats correct if there is alot of tiny bubbles its because they didnt clean or prep it well. There could also be dust attached to the tint itself. I had alot of dirt on mine and made them redo all the windows even though they didnt want to do the drivers side. If you really want to know post pics up and we can say alot better than just guessing

how did they clean the inside of the windows before they put up the tint?

my tint guy uses a razor blade and carefully goes over the whole window until its 100% smooth and nothing is there, all the while spraying it down to get rid of the dirt

dude, let it set for a few weeks in the sun. its cold out so it may take longer. my tint took around a week because it wasnt cold out.

no matter what your going to get some bubbles. the small ones.

my tint looked like shiz untill i let it set. its fine now.

Fresh tint looks worse before it gets better. It WILL bubble..100% normal. Give it two weeks to dry out..THEN complain. As for the little white specks...here and there they are normal, but not a bunch of them throughout the window, or clusters of them. If there are clusters of them, or just a lot of little specks throughout the window..take it back. If they say it's normal, tell them to learn how to tint.

Fresh tint looks worse before it gets better. It WILL bubble..100% normal. Give it two weeks to dry out..THEN complain. As for the little white specks...here and there they are normal, but not a bunch of them throughout the window, or clusters of them. If there are clusters of them, or just a lot of little specks throughout the window..take it back. If they say it's normal, tell them to learn how to tint.

good tinters, leave no bubbles.

x2, my tinter left NO bubbles at all, from the time I picked up my car from his shop I have not seen one bubble in any of my windows. The place looks like some cheap-o run down shop, but God **** that guy can tint.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

It is 100% impossible to squeegee every last drop of water out of the tint. When it leaves the shop, it does not have bubbles. When the sun hits it, it starts to dry, and the water starts to evaporate. Film is porous, so the water evaporates to the inside of the car..which is why it becomes so humid inside. Cracking a window/sunroof will make it dry out 10x faster. I guarantee everyones car after it was tinted, bubbled up. Sometimes it dries out quickly enough, you wont even notice that it happened.

Funny, how good tinters dont leave bubbles. I have never seen a car tinted that didnt bubble up during the drying process. But then again, I obviously dont know what Im doing. Manufacturer also states it on the warranty card, but hey..what do they know.

a small update:

it took the tinter 3 trys to get my driver side window to actually look good. its in its drying process and i hope it turns out swell. as for the passenger, its just micro specks, im not worrying too much about that.

but the tinter their said "those small bubbles are normal" and that every car thats tinted has them...i feel sorry for those car owners:uhoh:

hes not certified nor have professional background of his work...figures.

i accidently rolled the window down like 6" few hours after the install, but immediately rolled it back up...hope that wont be causing trouble? would it?

Unless it peeled up the bottom edge, you should be fine. These bubbles you speak of...are they tiny pieces if dirt trapped between the film and the glass? A few is normal...it's almost impossible to control the environment unless you use a paint booth. You can hide little imperfections as well. If they cant do this, and it took them that long to tint 1 window to get it right...sounds like a crappy shop.

my passenger side has something that could be tiny speck of dirt trapped inside. but the driver side doesnt that i know of. but my driver side does have air bubbles which i hope to come out after it sits in the sun for few hours.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

M@nJo

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
M@nJo
bay area
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date