Upgrade - FI SSD 15"

[quote name='mclerico83']@mylows10 ; if you want to go loud the xfl will get lil louder vs the ssd imho and save you some monies like 100 bucks. use that 100 bucks and have @double 07 ; hook you up with an amazing box because without a custom box your just wasting money. the box makes the sound. pre fabs are always too small and choke off the sub.[/QUOTE]

Man there are just so many different kinds of subs, i'm having a hell of a time trying to decide on one thing, I jus tneed to say **** it and buy one. I'll check him out on the boxes. Thanks man.

Man there are just so many different kinds of subs, i'm having a hell of a time trying to decide on one thing, I jus tneed to say **** it and buy one. I'll check him out on the boxes. Thanks man.
he can do the ssd for sure but the xfl gets a little louder and last time i checked about 100 bucks shipped cheaper with warranty from mylows

Space could be an issue. I have a 1991 Acura Integra Hatchback. I think my Trunk is 30" wide but im not sure the full dimentions, i'l get the full dimentions and take a picture for this thread. Because with it being a 15 I suppose i'll need a rather large box.
just like mclerco said, talk to double 07 and mylows. Both are great guys, and mylows has some awesome deals on subs. if you're set on the FI, at least get a box that's custom-made for it. You'll be blown away by the difference in sound from a prefab to custom, trust me. I was slightly doubtful at first, but ya learn quick.

just like mclerco said, talk to double 07 and mylows. Both are great guys, and mylows has some awesome deals on subs. if you're set on the FI, at least get a box that's custom-made for it. You'll be blown away by the difference in sound from a prefab to custom, trust me. I was slightly doubtful at first, but ya learn quick.
I just shot double07 a message with my information and everything. As of right now im set on the Fi ssd 15" BUT Im going to go ahead and talk to mylows about subs as well and see what his deals are like. I appreciate it!

Heres my setup now. Also I can tell a big difference in boxes. I had a prefab one before, but I threw this together in woodshop at school, I was simply bored, the wood was free. Its cabinet grain 3/4 plywood but hey, it was free and I took my time on it, for a $50 amp from wal mart it changed the sound completely.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/826/subsetup.jpg/

subsetup.jpg

ok well high qts is if your going sealed.

if your using the aq 1200 no need for the extra cooling and flatwind coil etc. stock sub would be fine. i find the copper coil more musical //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

internal leads means there will be no push terminals but direct lead wires that you wire directly to the box. this helps with lead slap etc.

ok well high qts is if your going sealed.
if your using the aq 1200 no need for the extra cooling and flatwind coil etc. stock sub would be fine. i find the copper coil more musical //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

internal leads means there will be no push terminals but direct lead wires that you wire directly to the box. this helps with lead slap etc.
It's going to be ported! I like ported. But okay I understand that now, thanks!

So should I go with the Internal leads or no?

And im going with this amp, I believe, I was told this amp fits well for this sub, unless I can find something cheaper but the same bang

- Q1-1200D Amplifier

because shipped your looking at about 285 for the aq1200d

amazing deal on sundow pre order and they about to ship a little more money but a better amp ill go over 400 after pre order ending soon. and way underrated. im thinking 1500rms on this bad boy.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/sundown-audio/559704-saz-1200d-2500d-v-2-3500d-v-2-pre-order.html

on a budget

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/563837-precision-power-phantom-p1000-1-4-available.html

heard good things about these

MB Quart DSC 1000 1 1000W RMS Monoblock Class D MOSFET Subwoofer Power Amplifier 011120381252 | eBay

the best budget amp imho for 1k

Cadence Acoustics D1800M 1800W RMS Class D Mono Block Amplifier | eBay

and for the same price as the audioque you can get this monster with smart tech monitor for distortion and voltage, its a beast. but the ssd will need the upgrades to handle this

I just shot double07 a message with my information and everything. As of right now im set on the Fi ssd 15" BUT Im going to go ahead and talk to mylows about subs as well and see what his deals are like. I appreciate it!
Heres my setup now. Also I can tell a big difference in boxes. I had a prefab one before, but I threw this together in woodshop at school, I was simply bored, the wood was free. Its cabinet grain 3/4 plywood but hey, it was free and I took my time on it, for a $50 amp from wal mart it changed the sound completely.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
Nice, nothing wrong with a box that you put together for free! Plywood isn't bad, but I prefer 3/4 MDF over everything. Juts a personal preference, but it's what I like. And as for the FI, I've heard nothing but good reviews. Internal leads are nice, but you gotta be careful with em. And as for AB amps, they're great Mylows deals in them, and can get you hooked up with one if you'd like. They're very efficient, and are underrated, from what I hear. They can greatly rival an AQ 1200, but that's just from what I've heard. Always wanted to try an AQ 1200, and always wanted to try some AB as well. Either way you go, you can't choose bad!

You've more than enough room for a single 15 ported at 17 inches high and 25 inches deep. You're definitely on the right track equipment wise, the SSD should make you very happy, get it fully loaded and throw in in a box a bit oversized on the AQ, low end extension should be crazy.

Is it really off? Good thing I do all my enclosure designs and calculations by hand lol.
yes, even the slightest off-calculations cause the final to be slighty or even largely different. i wouldnt want that if i was playing money haha id want what i want, not somehting just like it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.