Upgrade - FI SSD 15"

Nice, nothing wrong with a box that you put together for free! Plywood isn't bad, but I prefer 3/4 MDF over everything. Juts a personal preference, but it's what I like. And as for the FI, I've heard nothing but good reviews. Internal leads are nice, but you gotta be careful with em. And as for AB amps, they're great Mylows deals in them, and can get you hooked up with one if you'd like. They're very efficient, and are underrated, from what I hear. They can greatly rival an AQ 1200, but that's just from what I've heard. Always wanted to try an AQ 1200, and always wanted to try some AB as well. Either way you go, you can't choose bad!
Appreciate it! It's nice to that others have heard good reviews about the subs. I'm wanting the AQ 1200 but, im starting to look at the MB Quart 1k. Only because its like $150, i've heard its one of the best 'budget amps' for 1k out there. And im definitely on a budget, but then again I may just have to go all out and buy the AQ 1200.

Appreciate it! It's nice to that others have heard good reviews about the subs. I'm wanting the AQ 1200 but, im starting to look at the MB Quart 1k. Only because its like $150, i've heard its one of the best 'budget amps' for 1k out there. And im definitely on a budget, but then again I may just have to go all out and buy the AQ 1200.
on a budget the mb quart is a great buy with the ssd it would sound amazing. is it better than the aq no, but if that 100 plus bucks your saving lets you get a custom box id rather have the mb and a custom box vs the aq

If you're on a tight budget, then yes the MB Quart will suit you fine. The AQ definitely has more power and capabilities, but will either one you'll have a good amp. Just as mclerco stated in his most recent message, if the money you're saving enables you to get a better box, then do it. Your box is a critical factor in how it'll all sound, no matter what amp you have.

on a budget the mb quart is a great buy with the ssd it would sound amazing. is it better than the aq no, but if that 100 plus bucks your saving lets you get a custom box id rather have the mb and a custom box vs the aq
Exactly, the AQ Looks sick, but for $270.. Idk, for most people in the car audio world that might not be much, but for daily use, im fine with a $150 amp. I was even going to pay $250 for a 500.1 kicker amp. But Im thinking about the MB Quart, just because like you said, I can use that extra 100$ twoards a custom box, which will run me about $180 built/shipped.

Exactly, the AQ Looks sick, but for $270.. Idk, for most people in the car audio world that might not be much, but for daily use, im fine with a $150 amp. I was even going to pay $250 for a 500.1 kicker amp. But Im thinking about the MB Quart, just because like you said, I can use that extra 100$ twoards a custom box, which will run me about $180 built/shipped.
exactly //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif much better to have mb quart and custom box vs aq and pre fab trust me lol

If you're on a tight budget, then yes the MB Quart will suit you fine. The AQ definitely has more power and capabilities, but will either one you'll have a good amp. Just as mclerco stated in his most recent message, if the money you're saving enables you to get a better box, then do it. Your box is a critical factor in how it'll all sound, no matter what amp you have.
Very true, I could always upgrade to an AQ Amp in the future - but another thing. On the MB Quart 1000.1 Does it need to be a Class D mono, or a AB Amp? I don't know the difference.

The fi Ssd's are nice subs. I've got 4 15's d2's just sitting here in nice condition. Thinking of putting them something for the wife to play around with.

The fi Ssd's are nice subs. I've got 4 15's d2's just sitting here in nice condition. Thinking of putting them something for the wife to play around with.
Ahh, thats sick. 4 15's is crazy.

Very true, I could always upgrade to an AQ Amp in the future - but another thing. On the MB Quart 1000.1 Does it need to be a Class D mono, or a AB Amp? I don't know the difference.
You're only running the one sub, right? Just go with a mono.

If you can wait it out, I would save up for the Audioque. If the price is an issue I would say go with the Hifonics BRZ1200D. They do pretty good and should do you well with the SSD. Enclosure is 80% of the sub install bro. If you throw it in a prefab you will be stuck at 1st base. Get yourself some good wire from Knukonceptz, you will want 1/0 awg and go from there.

Amazon.com: Hifonics Brutus BRZ1200.1D D-Class Mono Block 1 x 450 @ 4 OHMS, 1 x 900 @ 2 OHMS, 1 x 1200 @ 1 OHM: Car Electronics

If you can wait it out, I would save up for the Audioque. If the price is an issue I would say go with the Hifonics BRZ1200D. They do pretty good and should do you well with the SSD. Enclosure is 80% of the sub install bro. If you throw it in a prefab you will be stuck at 1st base. Get yourself some good wire from Knukonceptz, you will want 1/0 awg and go from there.
Amazon.com: Hifonics Brutus BRZ1200.1D D-Class Mono Block 1 x 450 @ 4 OHMS, 1 x 900 @ 2 OHMS, 1 x 1200 @ 1 OHM: Car Electronics
Right, Im having double 07 probably build me a box, I can get a 3.5 cube @ 33 hz for about $180 shipped.

Is there a huge difference in the Hifonics Brutus and the MB Quart? I've heard the MB Is one of the best 'budget' amps out there. I haven't heard too many great things about Hifonics, but then again i'm not sure. They are pretty close to the same price.

Is there a huge difference in the Hifonics Brutus and the MB Quart? I've heard the MB Is one of the best 'budget' amps out there. I haven't heard too many great things about Hifonics, but then again i'm not sure. They are pretty close to the same price.
stay with the mb quart trust me you will be happy

stay with the mb quart trust me you will be happy
Alright I will. Theres a couple different types of MB Quart 1000.1 amps. I posted two different lnks about an hour or so ago, still hasn't been approved by a mod yet. I don't know which one to get, ones $150 the other is like $130, one is longer than the other.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.