Upgrading my car audio

Participant count
  • Participant list

crashandburn
10+ year member

FL
I have a 03 Mitsubishi Galant ES and am wanting to upgrade my sound system.... 1st off do i need a sub or amp and if so what would you recommend without breaking my wallet i dont wanna spend alot

Im planning on replacing my radio unit and my speakers

start with the deck and frt speakers ,maybe an amp for them too.you have a budget, and what are you looking for in the new system,sq ,sql,or spl

bit new to this with abbreviations whats sq sql and spl???

what would complete set of speakers run me for whole car? id prefer to just get my speakers done all at once

and can you recommend a decent priced amp??

im not gonna be planning to upgrade a ton in the future i just want a decent system to where its loud enough where i can actually enjoy it as of now when i play some of my music its extremely low and i mostly wanna fix that in general

im not too keen on installing myself as i said im kinda new to this

sound quality , sound quality and loud or spl sound pressure level or lots of bass

i can sell you a set of speakers and an amp and deck all the wires and maybe even arrange to have it installed in your area.then if you want a sub i can do that too.but i need a budget to work with, or at least a general idea.

ok looks like 5 1/4 all around ,so i can set you up with coaxils for the rear and components for the frt for about 220 shipped .and also a deck with ipod controls and the dash kit and wiring harness for another 180 , so 400 shipped for all as long as your car doesnt have the bose system

my thing says i have 6 inch though so not sure actually since your saying 5.... im kinda trying to include getting installed in my $400 budget too so if you cant for that could you give me ideas of maybe what kind of speakers and such i should pick out for everything

my thing says i have 6 inch though so not sure actually since your saying 5.... im kinda trying to include getting installed in my $400 budget too so if you cant for that could you give me ideas of maybe what kind of speakers and such i should pick out for everything
hooking up a radio and speakers really isnt hard at all bro. im sure if you bought everything from jim (mylows10) he will give you detailed instructions on how to hook everything up as well.

ok looks like 5 1/4 all around ,so i can set you up with coaxils for the rear and components for the frt for about 220 shipped .and also a deck with ipod controls and the dash kit and wiring harness for another 180 , so 400 shipped for all as long as your car doesnt have the bose system
It's actually an Infinity, and I don't know how different the non-premium system is, but mine's got 6.5s in the front doors and 6x9s on the rear deck(but like I said, it had the premium sound system).

crutchfield say 5 1/4 but if you say 6.5 thats cool to.as far as installing the deck and speakers arent that hard,as donavan said .most cars now just snap together anyway/my bad the infinity system so that just means that there individual amps on the speakers or and external amp in the car somewhere.ok so 6x9's in the rear id leave them alone ,replace the frt doors and a new deck ,eventually amp the front doors and use the rears for a fill off deck power only.then do a sub down the road if wanted.

OP, check to see if you have the Infinity system. If you've got a speaker grill on the middle of your dash, and small speakers in your doors up by the windows, then you've got the Infinity system. The amp is also located under the passenger seat.

I first switched to some cheap Morel coaxial 6x9s for the rear deck, but I ended up completely disconnecting them when I installed my newest head unit. They added nothing as far as "bass" goes, and they just brought the soundstage way back. I wouldn't add them, unless you have people in the back seats regularly, and even then, your front stage might be loud enough for them to hear.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.