What are bus bars used for?

do people use them with just 2 batteries, i plan on running 2 in back also what would be best to run a full negative wire from the front negative battery to the back battery neg or can i just ground the batteries to a metal in the back, also same with amps, can i just run the neg from the amps to the neg on the back batteries or should i just ground them seperate to metal

They work especially well when you need multiple cables hooked up to a battery.

For instance:

001-3.jpg

You would never be able to connect all those wires without a bus bar...

do people use them with just 2 batteries, i plan on running 2 in back also what would be best to run a full negative wire from the front negative battery to the back battery neg or can i just ground the batteries to a metal in the back, also same with amps, can i just run the neg from the amps to the neg on the back batteries or should i just ground them seperate to metal
You definitely need a ground wire (1/0) from the front battery to back battery back. Don't listen to any who says you don't and that they don't and it works fine for them... I'll be telling you to run a neg cable when you're trying to trouble shy your back batteries aren't doing as good as they should.

if your going to go the route of running pso and neg to the back run the same of each electricity runs in a circle the same ammount is going to go through the neg cables and the pos

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.