What battery to choose?? Odyssey PC1500 DT or XS Power D3400

Odysey is same thing as Sears Die Hard Plantinum. (I use the Die hard and it's quite nice). I have a strong suspicion that there's no more than 2 or 3 factories that make all of them so any AMG battery is as good as the next IMO (or close enough that you'd never notice the difference except under the most extreme conditions chasing 10ths)
Agreed on all counts. There are a very small number of manufacturers that make the majority of the batteries.

I own the Die Hard Platinum badged version of the 1500DT. i agree you get the same battery but with a much better warranty if you buy it from Sears.

i love the battery. it is a great AGM battery. it replaced a 7 year old red top optima.

Keep_hope_alive: What is the difference in the warranties for Sears and Odyssey on the 1500DT? I thought each was 4 year replacement. I am looking at those two batteries, and may have to go with the Odyssey just because they offer a 34R and Sears does not.

For you guys using the Odyssey 1500DT or the Sears DieHard platinum version of the same, what type of battery terminals are you using? I noticed there is a small ridge not far from each post and wanted to know if that caused any issues with larger terminals?

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Fi_

10+ year member
King of Diamonds
Fi_
Fryeburg
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date