what is so special about the remote starters anyway?

I always told myself thats what id use my remote start for but i always forgot to turn the air conditionar or heater on whenever i left the car the night before, so it was pretty pointless. It got the attention of people though. I sat on my friends roof and made the car beep when it locked, got the attention of some kid on a bike and then turned it on, they freak out.

For those that have no driveway and have to park their cars on the street, here in MN at least it is illegal to have your car started with a key in it. That is when a remote start comes in handy on those cold or hot days and you want your car to warm up/cool down before you drive.

lol what "if" someone randomly walking, saw a car start and hopped in and drove off with your car?
for one the steering wheel will ock without the key in it so they couldnt steer it after cranking the wheel so much. and also when the key isnt in my truck and you touch the brake it kills it. you cant get it out of gear without the brake on.

I agree with the sarcasm listed above. WHAT IS THE POINT!!!! AM I TO LAZY!!!???

How about YES, I am to lazy to wake up at 7 am. walk out into 1 ft. of snow, scrape the ice off my windows, de-ice my door locks, just to get in the car and turn on the heat. THIS IS WHY A REMOTE START IS WORTH 200 bucks. or so.

for one the steering wheel will ock without the key in it so they couldnt steer it after cranking the wheel so much. and also when the key isnt in my truck and you touch the brake it kills it. you cant get it out of gear without the brake on.
mine also rengages the alarm once you push the brake so it locks the doors if you forgot to and there trapped inside because of the special feature of engaging the child locks when the alarm is on

mine also rengages the alarm once you push the brake so it locks the doors if you forgot to and there trapped inside because of the special feature of engaging the child locks when the alarm is on
Thats funny, and then get something that will slowly release some sort of gas into the car...

I have first remote starter finaly, and it took yrs till I got one. The only reason I have mine is it came with the car. I always thought I would never use it. But in the winter in upstate ny here its a pain to get up so early and go out and just scrape all the ice and snow off the car. The remote starter really saves you a ton of time. I figure it will take me about 25-40 minutes by the time I get up and get rdy and go out and scrape off the car and let it run to heat up and it is also illegal to have the car running with the key in it as well. So there are many good reasons to owne one. If you figure in the cost of having to warm your car up for 30 minutes or get the a/c going in your case and figure the cost is $200 to have one installed. After 2 weeks your time you save would pay for owning it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.