what is so special about the remote starters anyway?

yeah but i dont really need it. because i live over here in san diego cali and dont really need to heat up my car. It is in the garage most times and will need a few minutes to heat up.

yeah but i dont really need it. because i live over here in san diego cali and dont really need to heat up my car. It is in the garage most times and will need a few minutes to heat up.

You didnt ask if you needed it, you asked what was so special about them :0)

i was just replying to the post on what they said about the remote starters. I know i didnt say anything about getting a remote starter but like i said, i was just applying myself to the position of those that live in cold areas.

Actually in some states leaving your keys in the ignition while its left running is illegal and ticketable. NJ is one of them.
Which is another nice thing. If you want to run into a gas station or something, but want to leave your car running w/o leaving the keys in it, you just pop on the remote start, and the car will remain running after you pull the keys out of the ignition. Then someone can not drive away with your car, and you are also legal.

I used to do it all the time in the local "large city"....which has a considerably high crime rate compared to my home town.

What's so special about microwave ovens? Why not just take the extra time to use a conventional oven..

What's so special about conventional ovens? Are you too lazy to go outside and start a fire in your yard every time you want to cook something?

What's so special about conventional ovens? Are you too lazy to go outside and start a fire in your yard every time you want to cook something?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif :laugh: Touche!:swordfigh

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

My dad has his set so in the winter when it's going to be really cold it'll start the car every hour or so and let it run for a bit so the cooling system doesn't freeze. While that may be useful in hella cold weather it's not that useful day to day.

My dad has his set so in the winter when it's going to be really cold it'll start the car every hour or so and let it run for a bit so the cooling system doesn't freeze. While that may be useful in hella cold weather it's not that useful day to day.

Tell your father it's called ANTIfreeze for a reason. Given a proper mixture, amount, and pressure, it'll be next to impossible for it to freeze. Of course there are extremes, but he's only wasting gas if keeping the cooling system "warm" is the primary concern.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Tell your father it's called ANTIfreeze for a reason. Given a proper mixture, amount, and pressure, it'll be next to impossible for it to freeze. Of course there are extremes, but he's only wasting gas if keeping the cooling system "warm" is the primary concern.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
He makes sure his anti-freeze is good to like -30 or something stupid like that, he's just a HUGE worrier... to a point of being a PITA about alot of stuff.

Which is another nice thing. If you want to run into a gas station or something, but want to leave your car running w/o leaving the keys in it, you just pop on the remote start, and the car will remain running after you pull the keys out of the ignition. Then someone can not drive away with your car, and you are also legal.

I used to do it all the time in the local "large city"....which has a considerably high crime rate compared to my home town.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif

Another good point. I use that often in the Dallas area

yeah in compustar's you can get Turbo mode ( i think its called) where they mount a thermometer somewhere and if the temp gets under a certain degree your car will start up for a certain amount of time.

I was thinking about getting that, we have negative degree winters often and it would be nice...my four-banger doesnt exactly fire right up in the winter.

but I do have RS and I use it almost everyday. Its also fun to scare people with it.

yeah in compustar's you can get Turbo mode ( i think its called) where they mount a thermometer somewhere and if the temp gets under a certain degree your car will start up for a certain amount of time.
I was thinking about getting that, we have negative degree winters often and it would be nice...my four-banger doesnt exactly fire right up in the winter.

but I do have RS and I use it almost everyday. Its also fun to scare people with it.

My Prestige has that feature and it only cost me $100.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.