What should i do to improve roof strength

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bass so loud it HZ

CarAudio.com Regular
So I recently had a guy build me a wall and do my wood roof.it isn't exactly the way I wanted the roof instead of doing one whole sheet he did the wall then did the front roof . It's only like one sheet of 3/4 thick as well with some trim .. my window and roof still flex like crazy . I'm doing around a 160 at around 30 hz . Have a couple stripper poles but they are the ratchet cargo bars. Anyone have any ideas on making it better ? Thinking about adding more wood or maybe fiberglassing it plus adding better stripper poles

How did your installer attach the wood to the roof? Is there a space between the wood and the roof?
I woulda went about it a different way just do damn busy with school and work so hired some one to do it.. I I turn it up past a55 at 28 30 hz my roof goes crazy which is expected but I'd like to be able to turn it all the way up and not worry about popping mywindshiel from flex

Last edited:
I woulda went about it a different way just do damn busy with school and work so hired some one to do it.. I I turn it up past a55 at 28 30 hz my roof goes crazy which is expected but I'd like to be able to turn it all the way up and not worry about popping mywindshiel from flex
For what it's worth, reinforcing the roof more will only put more pressure on the glass so it's as likely as not that you'll have more trouble there by making the roof more rigid.

As to how you're going to build it up more, wood, steel, or composites should all get you there, go with whatever you have the tools and ability to work with.

So I recently had a guy build me a wall and do my wood roof.it isn't exactly the way I wanted the roof instead of doing one whole sheet he did the wall then did the front roof . It's only like one sheet of 3/4 thick as well with some trim .. my window and roof still flex like crazy . I'm doing around a 160 at around 30 hz . Have a couple stripper poles but they are the ratchet cargo bars. Anyone have any ideas on making it better ? Thinking about adding more wood or maybe fiberglassing it plus adding better stripper poles
Unfortunately yes he did put spray foam up there tho .I don't think it was enough tho ..
idk what you have for a vehicle but in my tiny ass chevy prizm the roof took 13 cans of sprayfoam cause there was a 2” gap in the center i have absolutely zero roof flex and just one 2x4 stripper pole. ultimately i what i had to do to get the results i wanted was to drill holes just big enough to get thesprayfoam nozzle in there and go to town, make sure the roof is braced beforehand as the sprayfoam will push that wood hard and possibly make it wavy if not supported, make wooden trusses then sprayfoam, remove trusses and try music, if its not enough still just keep repeating the process

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...