What SPL meter should I get

mdiscala
10+ year member

I am looking to get an SPL meter from Amazon and they seem to range from $20 all the way to 1000. I realize that you get what you pay for however at some point you'll be wasting your cash on features you don't need. My Pioneer DEX 99 RS already has autotune capabilities but it would be nice to fine-tune.

Get a TermLab. You will get full accurate readings off the same device judges use. You can even buy it and make your money back buy renting time on it to people

get a termlab....the only meter that's really trusted by everybody

You can come on here and say my system does 150dbs on the audiocontrol of spl-lbs

No one will care

Indeed. The differences in the system is single or dual sensor. You can also upgrade the software as you wish.

That is all we use (the TermLab). While we have spoke with another company about their meter, it has not become worth the effort to change over.

SPL Labs is a far supperior product to Termlab. It's as close to the Termlab our local org uses as my old Termlab was (within a tenth). Though the SPL Labs has .00 precision and is wireless with option to use with android app.

Next best is the Makeitlouder.com meter, which is as accurate as whatever DMM used with it... also a good savings.

OP, Keep in mind these are ONLY useful

SPL Labs is a far supperior product to Termlab. It's as close to the Termlab our local org uses as my old Termlab was (within a tenth). Though the SPL Labs has .00 precision and is wireless with option to use with android app.
Next best is the Makeitlouder.com meter, which is as accurate as whatever DMM used with it... also a good savings.

OP, Keep in mind these are ONLY useful

I agree with Jon I used his SPL Lab and the ease of use was amazing I could use it on the droid and get numbers even outside of my jeep and they were accurate as hell I mean within .1-.2 of the Term Lab. It was easy as hell to use and setup and I liked it a lot, I'm buying one over the over-priced TL.

idk wtf you guys are doing but my spl lab is no where near .1-.2 from the tl, and I metered back to back at a meca event.
So that automatically makes you right? lol I just tested not even a month ago and it was like almost identicle scores.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.