What's wrong? 12 inch Kicker CVR rattling

DjDan101
10+ year member

I have a box for 2 12s and I previously had 2 pioneers in it, then I had one of the pioneers and a JL 12w1v2, and now I put the JL and a Kicker CVR, but now it rattles. I know for sure that it's the Kicker because when I take the wires off and only the JL hits, it doesn't rattle. I take the CVR out and it doesn't rattle when outside the box, but like I said the JL doesn't rattle it even at high volumes. What's going on? I thought it was air escaping, but there are no holes in the box. And I put the CVR in another box and it does the same thing.

I thought of the box coming apart. And I just don't understand why it doesn't make the noise when it's outside the box. I thought that it may sound better if the box was ported? Cause it realllllllllllly sounds like air moving. My logic is that if the air can escape, it won't make that noise.

Because I'm a poor college student. I'm trying to trade the CVR for another 12w1v2, though. It's a longggggg story and a weird situation how I ended up here haha.

I was thinking of that. I have another box that fits one 12, and I'm going to put the JL in it and run that until I come across another one and I'll put them in the box for 2... I mainly posted this just for sheer knowledge. I'm trying to learn as much as possible about car audio and this is just a problem I've come across. I'd like to know what it means for the future.

I had a CVR that developed a rattle after a while. coils read fine. Sub still sounded pretty much the same unless i had my trunk open then the rattle was more present. Sub wasnt blown or anything, just rattled. idk why. The guy i sold it to still has it......and it still rattles! Been rattlin' for a lil over 3 years now.......guess its just the way a CVR rolls

My gf's cvr 10 has a nice rattle to it... it was the crappy plastic trim ring that they put on... I know a few other people that they've had to fix theirs.

Now she has some some older Kappa Perfect 10s for me to make a box for :p

Well I looked and it doesn't seem to be broken. I think it's just a lack of airspace in my box. I'm just gonna get another 12w1v2 instead. Hopefully there's someone around here that wants to trade haha!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.