whats your pick for best hu :

i love the deck also..and its not that i want upgrade.. i just cant stand the way it looks in the new car.. im a picky sob when it comes to that stuff...lol...maybe ill pic up a drz, or wait to see what the cd7000 looks like...and just keep the audiocontrol piece... i just dont like any of the 06 alpine stuff, seems like they are going down hill every year....

Although I don't have the technical know-how to do so, you can fashion a Toslink converter to run the digital signal out of the 8455 to the H701 and get the processing. Although you would need the C701 to control it and you would loose your volume adjustment for the radio on the 8455.

If Squeak is reading this he should be able to fill you in on the details as he helped show me how it exactly it works.

However, as it has been said, by the time you are done buying the 701 combo you are well into the 9255 range.

I think its time for you to design the new ZFactor headunit that has everything all us car audio nuts desire in a 4-way active unit with processing galore!!

Although I don't have the technical know-how to do so, you can fashion a Toslink converter to run the digital signal out of the 8455 to the H701 and get the processing. Although you would need the C701 to control it and you would loose your volume adjustment for the radio on the 8455.
If Squeak is reading this he should be able to fill you in on the details as he helped show me how it exactly it works.

However, as it has been said, by the time you are done buying the 701 combo you are well into the 9255 range.

I think its time for you to design the new ZFactor headunit that has everything all us car audio nuts desire in a 4-way active unit with processing galore!!

i thought that was called the ural until ben managed to screw that up?

i wasn't impressed with any of alpine's newest offerings so that is why i went with the 9835 and i'm glad i did. i however do feel the need for such large eq's so the 5 band is perfect for me

ah ok i dont want that.. which alpine can use the 701 directly???
the 9860 and i believe the 9861 can control the H701. i think if you were going to get the DRZ, might as well get the 9860 + H701 combo which is the price range of a clarion DRZ in which it will fit your needs of a 3 way active frontstage. plus more tuning capabilities.

The Excelons are sweet HU's and better sounding than most at alot less money.

A $700 Eclipse might be better but for 250 bucks a 889 will sound pretty dam good

ad was much better than my Alpine 9833 in the SQ dept.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.