whats your setup and what are you hitting?

I am a jl audio fan, but its not easy to find them over here in germany, and on the internet its kinda hard to find them new also, but for the right price you can.....the alpine's where everywhere so I gave them a try.....and I love them they hit good and they are clean for the price.....great buy I would say....

Originally posted by Jeremy jl fan I got a new system finally installed....well mostly...2 alpine type-s 12's 2 jbl p180.2 wood/fiber glass box jvc kds580 hu legacy 1.0 cap....estimated 146db..?? I will find out for sure soon....pics coming soon also after the install is complete..

BULL SH*T!. nowhere near 146. 130's maybe. with more power you could maybe break 140......... LOTS.

yea 146 does sound kinda high for a mostly sq sub. always good to be optimistic though. and you should be able to find jl's new on the net no problem. finding someone that will ship to germany might be the problem though is it?? just make contact with jl and find a dealer in germany then call them up and give them your credit card and ask them to ship some to you. thats what i'd do anyways!

later

hey guys i got 1 road gear 8" with a road gear 75watt amp.......in a 91 geo metro and i'm hittin a 186.9 if you guys can't top that somethins wrong the whole deal including the car cost about $100. so i don't know what your problem is.....

nah just jokin...set up is in my signature and i'm pullin 149.3

I got u beat camry!!!! I have one Thump 8" bass driver free aired ofver my trunk in a 1999 Ford Taurus station wagon running off the factory HU for power and i am hitting 194.23 so beat that mofo's!!! and thats on LinearX!!!! LOL naw dude i wish i had my car metered but not yet, gotta wait to update my system again.

J

Originally posted by sportincamry  

nah just jokin...set up is in my signature and i'm pullin 149.3

Hi cam....can you show me this set up.....thats an awful lot of equipment to only drill out a 149+....maybe i can suggest something to bring it up....

BULL SH*T!. nowhere near 146. 130's maybe. with more power you could maybe break 140......... LOTS.

Dude that was estimated, but the 12 type-s is rated at 200rms @ 4 ohms and I got 2 jbl p180.2 running one to each sub.....so its getting 360watts @ 4 ohms and its a huge ported box....maybe you should look into that and check, cause Im pretty sure they are getting plenty power and Im at least hitting 142db

yea 146 does sound kinda high for a mostly sq sub. always good to be optimistic though. and you should be able to find jl's new on the net no problem. finding someone that will ship to germany might be the problem though is it?? just make contact with jl and find a dealer in germany then call them up and give them your credit card and ask them to ship some to you. thats what i'd do anyways!

I can find the jl's easy its just the **** shipping either they wont ship to po box or they charge like 100$ for ups making a 12w3 like 325$ at that price I would rather buy a 12w6 used!!

Originally posted by black00 Hi cam....can you show me this set up.....thats an awful lot of equipment to only drill out a 149+....maybe i can suggest something to bring it up....

sorry bro don't have a scanner or camera for my pc........i think one of my problems is that i have 1200.1 amps.....so i have to hook 2 speakers up to 1 channel........i have 8 subs and only 4 amps...the amps are 1 channel...so i think i may be losin power this way.................ofcourse the place i got it tested at didn't use a real meter...all they did was stick a microphone into the window and it registered on a scale.....i really wouldn't even know where to go to get it checked out........i'm livin in florida but i'm from tenn.....i'm in the military and don't know much about the town here.

sorry jeremyjlfan no way your hittin that, maybe 140...i am running 1200 watts to a 15inch type r and my highest is 140......

sorry jeremyjlfan no way your hittin that, maybe 140...i am running 1200 watts to a 15inch type r and my highest is 140......

You could probably do better than that with a better tuned box?? The 146 was just estimated I will get back with the for sure rate...Im gonna try the type-s 12's on a jbl bp600.1 also......Who thinks jl audio 12w3 would give me a better score then the alpine type -s??

FanBOY your still talking ****? Get over it NO ONE falls for your inscessant babbling. You are a phucking lamer and no one gives a ****.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.