Northwest Region Who would be interested in a spl show outside olympia WA

AK,CO,ID,MT,ND,OR,SD,WY,WA
Washington ***** for car audio anything. The shops around here try to sell you crap, half-ass installs and apparently do not know crap about building boxes. They are over-priced retards that take no real interest in car audio. This is the saddest state I have ever seen. NONE of the big organizations EVER seem to want anything to do with Washington and all of the car audio shops are too much of pansies to ever try to set something up on their own. What a freakin useless state. I regret ever coming back here.
leave?

I came from a state that actually gives a **** about this stuff. I've been watching these forums for a long time and nobody really cares. "Oh its too far, my girlfriend might get mad, I have to work, blah blah blah." I would do everything possible to get to a show in western washington. Gee it might cost a MAXIMUM of 200 bucks (including a motel for the night) because I seriously dout there is ever going to be anything going north of Seattle.

You dont need a car audio shop to do an event. Just have to have the space and some smaller towns, you can get LARGE spaces from the city for dirt cheap (or nothing) that can house LOADS of people. Longview is a good town for that. But of course "its too far" "does it cost anything" bo freakin hoo.

Washington ***** for car audio anything. The shops around here try to sell you crap, half-ass installs and apparently do not know crap about building boxes. They are over-priced retards that take no real interest in car audio. This is the saddest state I have ever seen. NONE of the big organizations EVER seem to want anything to do with Washington and all of the car audio shops are too much of pansies to ever try to set something up on their own. What a freakin useless state. I regret ever coming back here.
not true. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Well I know that WA state is not got what some other states have for shows and most shops sell what people want to buy not what's the best...every biz I know is in it for $$$....but I am in this state...have a shop...and am the states ONLY re audio ath dealer...hifonics...crunch...mb quart...audiopipe ect...as soon as things slow down for me ill have dc sound in the shop too! Now you might call something crap that's better than what u run...but its mostly install that makes a system shine. Off 2 subs n my old astro I hit 159 outlaw off 2 15's and 3.5k power...they were 2 of a kind subs built for my van...it was a no name no bling sub that took home tropys...so what's crap...I have been putting 75 hour weeks to get customers rides done for car shows, ill do my best to put a real spl show on this summer...but I have to shell out some good $$ to let u guys play....so maybe you might think about that be4 call n u shop owners in WA crap

Well I know that WA state is not got what some other states have for shows and most shops sell what people want to buy not what's the best...every biz I know is in it for $$$....but I am in this state...have a shop...and am the states ONLY re audio ath dealer...hifonics...crunch...mb quart...audiopipe ect...as soon as things slow down for me ill have dc sound in the shop too! Now you might call something crap that's better than what u run...but its mostly install that makes a system shine. Off 2 subs n my old astro I hit 159 outlaw off 2 15's and 3.5k power...they were 2 of a kind subs built for my van...it was a no name no bling sub that took home tropys...so what's crap...I have been putting 75 hour weeks to get customers rides done for car shows, ill do my best to put a real spl show on this summer...but I have to shell out some good $$ to let u guys play....so maybe you might think about that be4 call n u shop owners in WA crap

This statement is only half true.

Washington State used to be one of the Top Car Audio/Car Show states on the west coast (Second to California) I used to drive up from Southern Oregon to Minitruckin Shows And audio comps almost every other month or more back in 95-98.

I do not know how long you have been here and I am sure you know this but ALOT of High end Car Audio Companies used to reside here in WA. And there was plenty of Audio competitions going on around.

HART, Audio control, Adire, R/T, Rodek and one state away Phoenix Gold ect ect.

Somewhere along the line Car Show's have been dumped down to HIN and very small Old School Hot Rod Shows

Maybe someone with the time and energy will bring back the audio scene up here.

Well I know that WA state is not got what some other states have for shows and most shops sell what people want to buy not what's the best...every biz I know is in it for $$$....but I am in this state...have a shop...and am the states ONLY re audio ath dealer...hifonics...crunch...mb quart...audiopipe ect...
What is and is not the best is a matter of personal perspective without regard to actual facts about the company. Crunch is not the "best" but I love that company like no other. I hated some of the older stuff because the names they seemed to have for their equipment was simply retarded. I used Orion since I was in high school when they were located in Tempe Arizona right next to me in Phoenix. I swore by them and they made some good stuff. They still make really good stuff. SO, what is the best is simply a matter of personal perspective.

as soon as things slow down for me ill have dc sound in the shop too! Now you might call something crap that's better than what u run...but its mostly install that makes a system shine. Off 2 subs n my old astro I hit 159 outlaw off 2 15's and 3.5k power...they were 2 of a kind subs built for my van...it was a no name no bling sub that took home tropys...so what's crap...I have been putting 75 hour weeks to get customers rides done for car shows, ill do my best to put a real spl show on this summer...but I have to shell out some good $$ to let u guys play....so maybe you might think about that be4 call n u shop owners in WA crap
All this "good money" is a noise permit from the city and your time. Advertisement can be as simple as a flyer which can easily be placed in numerous counties at colleges, fairs, telephone poles, and businesses. My printer can whip out 5000 copies in nothing flat and all it will cost me is maybe one ink cartridge for $28.99. Let not forget that you can advertise in numerous newspapers and online which will not cost much either. You can also advertise on your website for free and places like here for free. SO you really have no real viable excuse as to why you dont actually do it.

Can I take you up on the 5k of flyers for 28.99?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

mrezstreet Is working on getting a show for you guys, We have been talking about having Boomin Audio run the show since thats what we do. Would you be willing to help with advertising to make this event a sucess? Would be cool to have shows in Washington!

What is and is not the best is a matter of personal perspective without regard to actual facts about the company. Crunch is not the "best" but I love that company like no other. I hated some of the older stuff because the names they seemed to have for their equipment was simply retarded. I used Orion since I was in high school when they were located in Tempe Arizona right next to me in Phoenix. I swore by them and they made some good stuff. They still make really good stuff. SO, what is the best is simply a matter of personal perspective.

All this "good money" is a noise permit from the city and your time. Advertisement can be as simple as a flyer which can easily be placed in numerous counties at colleges, fairs, telephone poles, and businesses. My printer can whip out 5000 copies in nothing flat and all it will cost me is maybe one ink cartridge for $28.99. Let not forget that you can advertise in numerous newspapers and online which will not cost much either. You can also advertise on your website for free and places like here for free. SO you really have no real viable excuse as to why you dont actually do it.

Mind if I ask what meter was used..?

Can I take you up on the 5k of flyers for 28.99?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Well that was a little extrmeme, but I was trying to make a point. It took me two cartridges to make 3900 flyers

I've been reading all these WA threads and just had to sign up to reply. I'm an IASCA judge since about 98. For the past couple years I've ended up judging a ton in Vancouver BC, but I'm trying to bring some shows to WA. There's a promoter up there that asks me a lot to do their SQ judging. I'm doing 3 shows in August and 3 more in September. Just been busy over the past few years (kids, career, etc) to try to bring some to WA. Eventhough I'm still busy, I'm just going to dive in and try. I'm working on a possible one in Wenatchee with a hot rod show on Oct 3 (will post a new thread on that one tonight). But the promoter in BC is kind of offering a free (kind of free for whoever hosts, but will still have entry fees) IASCA show to anyone interested. Anyone interested?

Also, since I just joined, anyone know if you can send private messages on here?

IASCA coming to Washington....I think that may take an act of God to happen but if it does, that would be pretty cool especially if its in Seattle, Tacoma or Vancouver.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.