Why the hell do I have so much dimming still?

Yeah my friend's got a couple batcaps layin around at the shop, maybe I'll just wire it up real quick and see if it helps. I never thought it would come down to this lol

I took it out cuz I thought it sounded childish. Everybody has their own opinion. They aren't workin too well for me, but I know others that like em a lot. I'd like to go with some rainbows next, I just haven't found out if the kick version is really worth it yet. I don't have money fro speakers right now, so I'll look into it more down the road.
you have a pm

My 4runner has always dimmed a lot,. Even when it was just the 1000/1 and my 300/4. But then I know people who don't dim barely at all with some fairly large set ups. Maybe 4runners just **** at conducting anything electrical who knows. This is really tripping me out though.

do you have a volt meter? measure voltage at the battery while playing music that causes your lights to dim. measure voltage also at your amps. post the voltage measurements. why are you grounding your amps at the battery? the chassis usually has a much lower resistance and its best to ground to the chassis.

I don't care if I lose horsepower, it's a 4runner, I don't drive fast in it. It just gets loud //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I grounded to the battery because I thought it would be a better ground then just goin to the frame. I read that a couple people did it in some threads on here, is this wrong? Maybe I should try grounding to the frame instead and see how it does, I can always use that run of 0 gauge for hookin up more batteries in my trunk.

I will take some readings on teh battery and amp today with the multi and see what comes up. I'll post what it's reading, hopefully nothing too scary.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.