China buildhouse sub pics

Could do that.

I priced out baskets and soft parts for the 4" coil motors. Would be about $1,000.

With $2,000 for the four motors, it would be $3,000 total. I have $1,500 in my account right now. If I sold the Wardens for $1,500 plus shipping and found a buyer for the 5th motor, I could get them.
Are you getting any help for the soft part selection? The issue I always run into when trying to do custom subs is not being able to find soft parts for my target application. You'll be going from 2 well designed American neo drivers (DDZ and Warden) to something that likely is less than ideal.

And there's a reason no one has 4" neo motors.. 3" get louder and handle power and heat good enough.
i disagree. there is not limit set in stone when it comes to mass. the 4" coils are eventually going ot catch up. people are just not building them correctly. you have to change the build and build around the coil not the other way around.

truth be told though the 4" coils will need larger spiders much stronger motors and a few other things no-one really tired. granted you will be burping them with 30K to see there potential.

most of the 3" coils ar actually closer to 3 1/4 and some are nearly 3 1/2.

i disagree. there is not limit set in stone when it comes to mass. the 4" coils are eventually going ot catch up. people are just not building them correctly. you have to change the build and build around the coil not the other way around.truth be told though the 4" coils will need larger spiders much stronger motors and a few other things no-one really tired. granted you will be burping them with 30K to see there potential.

most of the 3" coils ar actually closer to 3 1/4 and some are nearly 3 1/2.
You disagree... Didn't see that coming, NOT!

take for example a 4"1" tall coil has the same surface area as a 3"x60mm coil.

a 3" coil with a 60mm winding length to get 2 ohm for a 4 layer coil you need to use 21 ga wire and you have 80m of wire used.

while a 4" 1" coil 4 layers to get a 2 ohm resistance using the same 21 ga wire only requires 46.5m of wire. so technically the 3" coil 61mm long with a 25mm topplate is going to give you ruffly the same power handling and BL as the 4" coil 25.4mm tall in a underhung design while weighing less.

take for example a 4"1" tall coil has the same surface area as a 3"x60mm coil.
a 3" coil with a 60mm winding length to get 2 ohm for a 4 layer coil you need to use 21 ga wire and you have 80m of wire used.

while a 4" 1" coil 4 layers to get a 2 ohm resistance using the same 21 ga wire only requires 46.5m of wire. so technically the 3" coil 61mm long with a 25mm topplate is going to give you ruffly the same power handling and BL as the 4" coil 25.4mm tall in a underhung design while weighing less.
Blah blah blah

Loudest ever uses 3in coils

So let's get this straight, OP can't get loud with Wardens, Fi N3, or DD-Z but the silver bullet to finally fix his problems is buying Chinese DD knockoffs and then just guessing at softparts.

tumblr_mry4rx0i9t1rop03zo1_400.jpg

honeslty the 4" coil id only use underhung motors. thing is you have to make sure you have cleaence for a 3in coil. typically thet are 3.25 in diameter for a 4 layer.. you have the dimensions on the gap fof the 3"?

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

I think the industry standard is to measure inner diameter.
im talking overall diameter for gap clearence

Blah blah blah
Loudest ever uses 3in coils
no it doesnt its larger than the typical 3in coil. and the 4 inch coil are very poorly integrated. thats why everybody just does shorter 8 layer 3" and me and jacob agree its better to use a very tall 3" 4 layer coil with a bigass topplate than try to use a 4"x65mm 4" coil that is stupid heavy..

i wonder if you could get away with a long 2 layer 4in coil. the "gap" is 38mm. **** im tempted to put up some cash and **** with them but id hate to waste me money on some cheap low temp neo. note the magbet is the topplate and the blocks are steel to transfer flux to the t-yoke. id bet they use n42sh neo.

ask the the guass in the gap so i can do some bl calculations.. get all tge tech info on um. i might just **** with one of those 4in coil motors

3' coils are the idea coil size in spl subs...its been proven
nobody has done anything out of what the market has tried. like i said eariler you could do underhung with a 4" x1" coil thats lighter than the 3in coils being used has the same surface area bl etc.. in a underhung design and probably yeld better results. the motors will cost an arm and a leg though.

the typical designs and techniques used the 3" coil works for the power levels currently used but i see not one design oug the box. each topologly has advantages and disadvantages..

savying a 3" coil is best is like saying a 5.2 liter v1w is better than a 5.2 liter v8

Is the build house willing to go with a different freight company?

I could lower cost by 50%, but would still need some money on top to pay customs

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.