China buildhouse sub pics

you should be 155db+ with a b pillar 3 21" wall on a tfe... Wish you would go meter so you would know how much you could benefit from a new wall... What if your only at a 149-151...
I'll end up re-doing the wall either way

If he's only at 49-51 in a truck with 3 21" subs then he really messed something up
Should be more than that

We don't know cuz he won't meter because it cost $30
$35, and it's not worth that to get a number to tout on the forums

Do you know of any complete 4" radial neo subs I could buy? I sure don't.
They're out there. They have the same potential and actually sound better. This dude is water cooling his, lol. --> Some pics of my liquid cooled neo 18s setup. (pg2) - Subwoofers / Enclosures - SMD Forum
Couple in a Ford. -->

0_IMAG0094.jpg

A-W-motor.jpg

DSC04468.jpg

DSC05144.jpg

100_0931.jpg

2c576a2c_vbattach80715.jpeg

@ciaonzo;

Can't buy TC Sounds Pro 5100 18's anymore. Parts Express has discontinued them and I couldn't find them for sale anywhere else with a quick google search

Thermal is a bit lower on those but they have wide bandwidth with real efficiency, not just 95dB at 1kHz. Are you going for loud to the meter, or loud to the ear?
Pair of 5100's. --> TC Sound PRO5100 18" Subwoffer | eBay

Lots of Aura NRT/NS. --> Aurasound NS18 992 4A 18" Pro Subwoofer Driver 4 Ohm 296 260 | eBay
I almost forgot about these, we could help a fellow member with a sale. --> Rare 18" Aura 1808 with 4" coil underhung NEO motor. MINT CONDITION - Car Audio Classifieds
I'd need at least 4 18's. There aren't a lot of the TC's

The Aura's look kinda mainstream-cheap //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I'd need at least 4 18's. There aren't a lot of the TC's
The Aura's look kinda mainstream-cheap //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Indeed, they are hard to come by. For me that would be more reason to pick up two when I had the chance, lol. Whatever number you pull with two isn't going to climb much by adding two more. Why are you stuck on 4? Did you hear how loud that shiz was in that Exploder? lol
So... Going for meter loud or ear loud?

The Aura's are not the prettiest, I do agree. By no means, cheap. They're just the refined version of the older NRT. Sensitivity is a bit lower but I think it's a better driver overall. It's used in the early version of the big Magico Q subwoofer. Magico uses the LMS ULTRA now.

Didn't DDaudio make 4" 5" 6" cool neos? I think they tried them all... There are pictures floating around
id imagine they did. i know the original BEAST was a 4 inch coil like the current 99 but they had much better efficiency with the 3 inch coil. the 3" coil in hte normal LGLC design work great. the added mass in a LGLC driver with a 4inch coil doesnt have anymore BL(not much) and the added mass lower the efficiency just enough for the 3" to be louder and still have low enough power compression. as we keep pushing the boundries we going to find new designs and techniques to get louder, longer lower and sound better.. cant just stop now!

george has a special run of the apxx(limited super i think)that is 100bd efficient with a huge 3" coil. He made some loud stuff back in my day. guess they don't do as good anymore..

Adulbrich, how much is it going to cost you to get 4 18s buying these samples as you say after Shipping (assuming broker fees are part of cost) and Import duty fees and State Use Tax after receiving products?

There has to be cheaper option than doing this.

Also note if you do not plan on purchasing anymore after this.. These companies will hound you all the time with updates on when you plan on ordering again. They are business expecting repeat business.

Oh, and i almost forgot, you better make 100% sure there is no trademarked brand names on these designs.

In the chance customs holds the shipment for inspection.. IF there are infringed names on these products.. you are going to need a lawyer so make sure of that if you stick with this idea.

If you arent doing 56+ then you need to redo your wall. Similar power and cone area in my buddies silverado build a few years back was doing like 158 (4 mayhem 18s on DC 9k). His wall was 28cu I believe, peaked at 38 iirc

Could do that.

I priced out baskets and soft parts for the 4" coil motors. Would be about $1,000.

With $2,000 for the four motors, it would be $3,000 total. I have $1,500 in my account right now. If I sold the Wardens for $1,500 plus shipping and found a buyer for the 5th motor, I could get them.
Where are u getting at? Also, from who? I am over $1600 for softs and basket... I must be talking to wrong people... I am somewhat serious about the 5th motor assuming I can locate parts at a much lower price.... Already have fund ready for purchase of a couple SAS CAT-515's so moneys there but not $1600 there lol..

So... Going for meter loud or ear loud?
He claims to not care about the meter, but mark my words if this was loud we wouldn't hear the end of what numbers it does and he wouldn't be already ready to scrap it. Warden or DD-Z isn't really something that anybody "upgrades" out of, so you know something is terribly wrong here and new woofers won't fix it.

Where are u getting at? Also, from who? I am over $1600 for softs and basket... I must be talking to wrong people... I am somewhat serious about the 5th motor assuming I can locate parts at a much lower price.... Already have fund ready for purchase of a couple SAS CAT-515's so moneys there but not $1600 there lol..
If you're not married to the idea of 10" spiders or 4" coils softparts shouldn't be that expensive. I can do 3" 4 layer coil subs for @ 100$ with all American made parts. Even going with Ti frames and 4" coils 250$ per sub should be pretty easy to accomplish.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.