Mag V4 Discontinued.. :(

What subs do what the Mag does, curious to see your list.
What do you mean? Blend well with a front stage and seem to dissapear? I know of several that do it, and do it well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

What subs do what the Mag does, curious to see your list.
Also, it was doing great. People just get sick of dealing with **** and stop doing it, I know I have with things.
I also think if the sub wasnt marketed as a mag it probably wouldnt have had so many dissapointed followers.

Glad you posted it, it was hard for me not to, lol. Anyway, I do have to agree. People seem to be much more interested in being loud and dumping obscene amounts of power into a driver than they are with how it sounds. For me the Mag can get TOO loud, however when set correctly it blends with my front stage to a point that it seems the sub is no longer there. This has been lost on too many people now who only want to hit 140+ dBs and have something that sounds slightly better than a wet fart. It really is sad, but I guess that's where the market has gone.
its great that you're happy with your equipment, and that you talk to the owner of SI and AE a good bit. But all of your nut hugging and the fact that you think your special because you talk to the owners is pathetic lmao. The fact that you put down on people who have different goals in mind than you makes you look like an idiot. So what if i like a 140db+ system? Thats what i want. You like your sq and thats cool, i like a little bit too. But if you think its a problem that people like high spl, then you're on the wrong forum lol

IDQV312, 12w6v2, polk sr series jsut to name a few, the mag is not the end all be all of sq, i dont expect the biggest SI fanboy to understand that. I havwe not personally tried the mag but can gurauntee I have owned more SQ drivers in the last year than i care to mention, with the right processing and power they all do alot of the same.
Yes, a good SQ driver from any company should sound similar and that should be not imparting its own sound on the music. Its the fact that people enjoy it when they are listening to subs that do impart their sound to the music versus just playing it that is sad.

I also think if the sub wasnt marketed as a mag it probably wouldnt have had so many dissapointed followers.
Yea, bad choice of name IMO. It was so different from teh previous versions mand people didn't realize that and thought it would do 145dB and soak up 2kw burps when it wasn't designed to do that in the least.

Which is sad because that system is then not reproducing what was recorded, but what you wish would have been recorded. I think SQ should be the goal to get closest to the original recording, but sadly it has been getting away from that.
The term SQ is thrown about, and means different things to different people. I hear the term "SQ system" I think, sound quality competition vehicle. I don't think joe blow with his pair of comps in his doors, and a couple 12's out back is "sq". Sound quality competition is all about recreating the music and the staging as life like as possible. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yes, a good SQ driver from any company should sound similar and that should be not imparting its own sound on the music. Its the fact that people enjoy it when they are listening to subs that do impart their sound to the music versus just playing it that is sad.
that is all personal preference, unless you plan to compete, sq is very subjective and the "color" that you find annoying from a driver may sound great to someone else. honestly to each his own;)

its great that you're happy with your equipment, and that you talk to the owner of SI and AE a good bit. But all of your nut hugging and the fact that you think your special because you talk to the owners is pathetic lmao. The fact that you put down on people who have different goals in mind than you makes you look like an idiot. So what if i like a 140db+ system? Thats what i want. You like your sq and thats cool, i like a little bit too. But if you think its a problem that people like high spl, then you're on the wrong forum lol
I have no problems with people who want SPL, it's a lot of fun, the problem is the people who claim to want an SQ driver then get it and expect it to perform the same as an SPL driver, that just doesn't work. I also don't think I am special for talking to the owners, they talk to many people, I just like talking to them to learn.

that is all personal preference, unless you plan to compete, sq is very subjective and the "color" that you find annoying from a driver may sound great to someone else. honestly to each his own;)
Well, I don't think the driver should impart the sound, if it is wanted use an EQ or processor to do it, the driver should be as distortion and color free as possible, at least that's my opinion.

Man I miss the days when subwoofers were just subwoofers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

The term SQ is thrown about, and means different things to different people. I hear the term "SQ system" I think, sound quality competition vehicle. I don't think joe blow with his pair of comps in his doors, and a couple 12's out back is "sq". Sound quality competition is all about recreating the music and the staging as life like as possible. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Yea, that's why I got a DSP so I can do TA and adjustments to individual drivers, I need to get it hooked up still.

Well, I don't think the driver should impart the sound, if it is wanted use an EQ or processor to do it, the driver should be as distortion and color free as possible, at least that's my opinion.
your preaching to the choir trust me, im just statin the obvious that 99 % of this forum could care less about that, the SQ crowd is few and far between on this forum soare you really surprised???

your preaching to the choir trust me, im just statin the obvious that 99 % of this forum could care less about that, the SQ crowd is few and far between on this forum soare you really surprised???
No, but we can try and convert the heathens //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif But yea, I relly like my Mag. I am going to be testing an AE AV12 to see if I like it better. There are a ton more that I would love to test, DLS, Rainbow, ID, Dynaudio and Morel but I am poor and can't afford it, lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.