2 power wires from battery

Participant count
  • Participant list

2007rustanggt
10+ year member

So i took one of my amps out of my car today so now i have a second 8 gauge power wire in the trunk that i want to add to the amp thats still there. If i use a distribution block from both 8gaigeare powers to a 4 gauge wire to power the sub and hook up both ground wires do i need to put a different fuse holder in there too or just buy 2it smaller fuses? Im a little confused and dont want to buy another wiring kit...

Your question is a bit unclear..

you have two runs of 8 gauge power wire from your battery to the trunk correct?

you want to know if you can somehow use those two wires into a distro block and then run 4 gauge from that to your sub amp?

If that is the case, then yes you can run 2 8 gauge wires going into one 4 gauge wire via a distribution block. Get a fused distribution block that goes from at least 1 4 guage input to at least 2 8 gauge outputs.

For example.. 1 IN 2 OUT FUSE DISTRIBUTION POWER BLOCK HOLDER 4 GAUGE 8 AWG AGU 12-V US SELLER | eBay

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.