2005 Scion xB SQ build (rebuild) Hybrid Audio/Alpine

Shoulda got AT bruh bruh. I was thinking that having those 3inch drivers bouncing off the dash like that could cause issues on the higher fequencies, also curious as to how they will play out with the tweeters there

You mean bouncing off the windshield? I had my 1" mounted there and I had no issues, also the stock 3" were mounted there as well. The stock system in these xB's were not all that bad out of the box.

I will hopefully get to power it up this weekend........ I hope.

You mean bouncing off the windshield? I had my 1" mounted there and I had no issues, also the stock 3" were mounted there as well. The stock system in these xB's were not all that bad out of the box.
I will hopefully get to power it up this weekend........ I hope.

You gonna run some oldschool kicker ss? I had my tweets like that and I was given hell at the meca comp for it

You gonna run some oldschool kicker ss? I had my tweets like that and I was given hell at the meca comp for it
No Kicker (Although I do have a pair of 3" Resolutions) I am running a full Hybrid Audio driver system including the sub, We shall see about the tweeters, we have a Honda Civic with the Imagine tweeters set up just like mine in the pillars and so far no problems, the Civic has some of the best width and depth and image I have heard in a car without the use of TA. Just a few hours of tuning and tweaking have gone into it as of right now and it has scored pretty high in rookie.

No Kicker (Although I do have a pair of 3" Resolutions) I am running a full Hybrid Audio driver system including the sub, We shall see about the tweeters, we have a Honda Civic with the Imagine tweeters set up just like mine in the pillars and so far no problems, the Civic has some of the best width and depth and image I have heard in a car without the use of TA. Just a few hours of tuning and tweaking have gone into it as of right now and it has scored pretty high in rookie.

You should hear my Fit. Its still a work in progress but I dont use any TA and it is by far the best as far as stock locations go. I was more or less joking about geoffs amp ahah

:Update:

Although the photos do not show a lot of "progress" making this enclosure has taken quite a bit of time and it is pretty close to being finished.

This is my first time working with fiberglass, a good friend of mine has taken the time to show me the basics of this process and to be honest I have no idea why I was so worried about working with fiberglass. For the most part it is a pretty simple process that takes a lot of time!

What you see going on here is the stock Scion xB foam storage bin being wrapped with fleece and used to make a mold for the base of the sub woofer enclosure.

This took about a gallon of resin so far and I still have quite a bit of coating to do to get it solidified enough to support the pressure of the i10SW.

Anyway here are a few photos to gawk at. I will be applying a coat of resin every day on the outside and inside of the enclosure.

Enjoy!

WP_000061.jpg

WP_000062.jpg

WP_000063.jpg

WP_000064.jpg

WP_000065.jpg

WP_000066.jpg

WP_000067.jpg

WP_000068.jpg

Small but big update, its also been a minute since I have posted here in this thread, no photos yet but the front stage is in and up and running. Got it all dialed in and put it on the RTA and smoothed it out. All i have to say it wow, softball sized center stage, width and depth are out past the a-pillars and on the hood. No solitified sub yet since the false floor is taking more time then I thought it was going to.

I Got to double check these numbers but i believe this is what i have the x-overs at.

8" Sub 40-1hz 30db 20hz +6

6.5's are 40-100 24db

l3's are 100-8k (12db)

1" are 8k-^ (12db)

So for my first show with this being tossed together for points for a x2 show this last weekend I got a pretty good score 217.

But I have to say that a 217 for maybe 3 hours of tuning and 1 hour doing RTA work that I got a very respectible score.

I went a head and put in my DD1508 that I use for testing amplifiers it is in a 1cf vented enclosure tuned to 35hz. I had it crossed off at 40hz with a 30db slope with 20hz +6.

As far as the L3 xover points this was suggested by Bill Pleasent of Team Hybrids who is my neighbor and has lent his hands and ears to this build. The L3's really sing nice and blend well with the I6.5's. I am thinking I might ditch the tweeters and try to run just the L3's. I wish I would have taken a photo of the RTA graph it was pretty impressive.

These Gen1 xB's have amazing acoustics for a good front stage with great depth and image with that windshield angle being as steep as it is.

Anyway here is my score sheet. I cannot wait to get the back done and get a good week or more of hard core tuning and RTA work in.

IASCA-SCION2012-5-3-12-2.jpg

Nice report card. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Getting more left stage width can be tricky with those locations. You want left channel info to reach the left ear first and get some shadowing to the right ear.

Keep the pics coming.

Thanks, I will be doing a few hours of tuning tonight in preperation for a show in Canada this weekend.

Once I start working on the false floor again I will post some more photos!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.