2011 Silverado Backup Camera w/ stock HU

Participant count
  • Participant list

Hybrid13
10+ year member

I have a 2011 Silverado with the Bose package and the Nav HU. I would like to be able to turn on the stock backup camera while in drive. It would be useful for when I'm towing my boat. I have found the wire that sends power to the camera and have wired it to an accessory wire to come on with the truck. I having trouble figuring out how to make the HU swap the the camera mode/input. I tested all the wires going into the back of the HU for any change in voltage from park to reverse but found none. I'm kinda leaning toward it being some kind of signal rather than a measurable voltage. Any ideas? All help is greatly appreciated.

Its a signal coming from the prndl switch sensor.

If you follow the wire going to the transmission youll find a wire that goes to the camera and one to the ecu.

To bypass it youll need to get the wire that goes to the ecu and camera and add on a wire that connects both with a switch to turn it on and off.

Or have someone change your computer for you.

Changing the computer will block access to the radio since both cant be on.

So really a bypass will be needed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.