budget system, build got canceled

Ok snapper thank you for your **** head response. I have heard good things about AQ. I do actually happen to like the HDS 15. That was my 2nd option to the XFL. it's at a reasonable price and a single 15 will be better than nothing and my electrical can handle it.

Fits my budget perfect. I'll go with the 15 and be happy. Be anywhere as loud as the CVRs? If not hell, it's something to start with for a year or two
No it won't be louder. Try 2 of the newer Alpine Type R's they are like 130ea on ebay rated at 1k rms ea and can easily handle 1500 ea. Build you a 5 cube box and get you a good amp that can do anywhere from 1k - 2k rms for now. I don't know much about good cheap amps but I do know the SPL Z1X-3000D has good sound quality and hits pretty low as well and can probably be had somewhat cheap if you can find one online. It doesn't do rated but it does 2200 at 1Ohm and isn't rated for .5 but can run it as well. If you get all of this get 2 D2's and wire them for .5 your impedence rise from the box will probably put you at about 1.5Ohm then just set your amp with a dmm based of 2Ohm around 1200 rms. That will give you an estimated 1k-1.5k divided between the 2 for now so you won't have to worry about your electrical either.

Yea I know that. I'm asking what is there. What do y'all recommend for a total of $600? AB, DD, Sundown, Kickers, SQ/AQ. What?
With that budget, go with a single 18 man. HDC3 18 or american bass xfl 18 or hell, a single sundown SA 18 will sound louder and better then your current 15s. RMS does not = loudness it just measures how much punishment(clean power wise) you can put on that sub. Its better to go with lower rated subs because you'll never see the full power out of your amp anyways. A fully powered sub will sound a lot louder then a sub being tickled by a feather. Since your budget is limited ,i'd honestly do the sundown sa 18, it'll be the loudest out of all the choices on less then 1200 watts of power. I wouldnt touch the other two 18s unless you have a good 2000 watts and good electricals on your vehicle. Stay with low power, you'll still be hella loud and wont have to pour oodles of money on electrical upgrades. at most probably a big 3 upgrade.

From my experiences, big rms subs when fed with half-@ssed power, it'll give you some lows(with the cone barely moving) but really miss out on the heavy slam/punch you get with a fully powered sub going hard on the excursion. Sorry to say half @ssed but thats what your budget will get you. 1200-1500 watts is what you can expect from the rest of your budget and the sundown SA 18 will eat all that up for breakfast lunch and dinner, while the other SQ/AB 18"s choices will still be loud but will feel lacking until you feed them a lot more..

Last edited by a moderator:
With that budget, go with a single 18 man. HDC3 18 or american bass xfl 18 or hell, a single sundown SA 18 will sound louder and better then your current 15s. RMS does not = loudness it just measures how much punishment(clean power wise) you can put on that sub. Its better to go with lower rated subs because you'll never see the full power out of your amp anyways. A fully powered sub will sound a lot louder then a sub being tickled by a feather. Since your budget is limited ,i'd honestly do the sundown sa 18, it'll be the loudest out of all the choices on less then 1200 watts of power. I wouldnt touch the other two 18s unless you have a good 2000 watts and good electricals on your vehicle. Stay with low power, you'll still be hella loud and wont have to pour oodles of money on electrical upgrades. at most probably a big 3 upgrade.
From my experiences, big rms subs when fed with half-@ssed power gives you some lows but really miss out on the heavy slam/punch
Lol the sundown = his whole budget bro.

Edit heres prolly the cheapest one he'll find

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUNDOWN-AUDIO-X-18-D2-SUB-PRO-18-DUAL-2-OHM-1250W-RMS-LOUD-BASS-SUBWOOFER-NEW-/400706585033?pt=Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures&hash=item5d4bf941c9&vxp=mtr

lol at you guys recomending this dude subs that need 3000 watts to move to their full potential. he has stock electrical and no money for upgrades any time soon.

origonal poster - your sub amp will need to be in the 1500 watts range to run off stock electrical and not kill your car.

getting a sub or subs that require that much power or slightly less would be ideal.

search for an obsidian audio 18. probly 140$ pick up a 1200w amp used here on the fourm for around $175/200 ish - get some 1/0 and do the big 3 and make a nice run to your amp. if you have any leftover $ then pick up a small ish ( 30 amp hour range ) agm battery to put in the trunk for around $50/$60

if you can swing an extra agm battery to toss in the trunk then running 1800w from your sub amp should be good on your stock electrical and last a while.

your stock alternator and under hood battery will wear out fast if you try pulling too much amperage from them... they have limits and the more you pull from them the shorter their life span will be... just food for thought.

lol at you guys recomending this dude subs that need 3000 watts to move to their full potential. he has stock electrical and no money for upgrades any time soon.
origonal poster - your sub amp will need to be in the 1500 watts range to run off stock electrical and not kill your car.

getting a sub or subs that require that much power or slightly less would be ideal.

search for an obsidian audio 18. probly 140$ pick up a 1200w amp used here on the fourm for around $175/200 ish - get some 1/0 and do the big 3 and make a nice run to your amp. if you have any leftover $ then pick up a small ish ( 30 amp hour range ) agm battery to put in the trunk for around $50/$60

if you can swing an extra agm battery to toss in the trunk then running 1800w from your sub amp should be good on your stock electrical and last a while.

your stock alternator and under hood battery will wear out fast if you try pulling too much amperage from them... they have limits and the more you pull from them the shorter their life span will be... just food for thought.
Completely agree, however the obsidians are completely out of stock, he has to find one used. Also it was 145 + shipping which turned out to be 210 dollars shipped to my area. Still a **** good price though, would have recommended them but sadly they are all gone.

I think 2 of those kicker 15s in a good box would sound louder, deeper, and cleaner. NOW I KNOWWWWW people around here hate Kicker but lets be real here prefabs ****. I've had 2 CVR 12s in a kicker prefab before and the box was fallin apart and ****.

Now, I don't know if you can get 2 kicker 15s for your budget.

Cone area wise, either 3 15s or 2 18s would be louder than 2 15s.

Idk... put 3 of these in a box ported to 31hz? I just went on Sonic Electronix, went to 15 inch subs, then put the sorting to lowest price first and scrolled until I found a sub with a good rating lol.

Rockford Fosgate P1S4-15 15" 4 ohm Punch Stage 1 Subwoofer

And put them on a good 1K for now.

I think 2 of those kicker 15s in a good box would sound louder, deeper, and cleaner. NOW I KNOWWWWW people around here hate Kicker but lets be real here prefabs ****. I've had 2 CVR 12s in a kicker prefab before and the box was fallin apart and ****.
Now, I don't know if you can get 2 kicker 15s for your budget.

Cone area wise, either 3 15s or 2 18s would be louder than 2 15s.

Idk... put 3 of these in a box ported to 31hz? I just went on Sonic Electronix, went to 15 inch subs, then put the sorting to lowest price first and scrolled until I found a sub with a good rating lol.

And put them on a good 1K for now.
Well, did you see the motor on the Fosgate?

p1s415.jpg

I bet its half as big under the cover

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.