Car Amp Repairs

I have a kicker kx 1200.1 that is messed up it won't put out any sound it comes one with the green light just the way it should and I know it isn't the wires or anything because I have had another amp hooked up and it worked perfect then I hooked this one up and it dose this and I have had it apart and there doesn't appear to be anything burnt up or anything and it did work just fine the time I unhooked it be for i tried hooking it up this time and it doing this do you know what might be wrong

**** dude looks like you've got everything. hahaha

I have a kicker zr600 that powers up and everything but when you plug in the rca's the subs "flutter" and just make noise... Several people have said the output transformer may be bad. I already sent it in to a guy to be fixed. But if he can't get the job done how much would you charge for something like that?

I have a few amplifiers that need some repair.

JL e1800D (going in and out of protect)

Memphis 16-st2004 (3 power supply fets toasted)

Orion Xtreme 500.4 (nothing visable burnt not powering up)

Diamond D7401 (Works but has major static and humming though the audio circuit and when gain is turned up more then halfway goes in and out of protect)

Just wanted to give an update and why I havent emailed anyone yet. On thursday 11/3/11 I was working on finishing up the transformer on the DAT 8.1 amp and doing some testing. Unfurtnetly one the the output fets blew up and other one shorted out. Thier are a total of 20 fets in that sections and 2 went bad so i have to replace all of them now since i dont trust any of them after that happened. This has pushed the amp back another week. I also had my family over this weekend so I couldnt post this update till today becuase I was busy.

Thanks for your support guys!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.