Carputer 101

noise issues are minimal with the card. I hope you cleaned up your install now that you are back from the trip //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

Are USB cards supported by kX project drivers at all?

dono ?

I have my amps and my PC triggered by the same remote wire. So if I just get in and turn the key, the amps turn on immediately and there is a ton of noise...then once the computer resumes from hibernation and the sound card is turned on the noise abruptly stops.

I usually don't notice it because I remote start the pc so its ready to go when I jump in

Install is cleaned up a bit, but not to much. With the glove box closed you don't see it.

I only had it open because I was concerned with heat issues, which others were having, and didn't want it to go down on a 12+ hour road trip. I've been lucky and the heat has never been a issue.

Install is cleaned up a bit, but not to much. With the glove box closed you don't see it.
I only had it open because I was concerned with heat issues, which others were having, and didn't want it to go down on a 12+ hour road trip. I've been lucky and the heat has never been a issue.
i suggest you relocate it boss. clean up them wires and retain your glove compartment for your gloves //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

No need. It's been in for almost a year now, and that includes last winter and this summer.

I'm Canadian eh! so it has seen extreme cold, and the heat of this summer and no ill effects. It did get really warm to the touch on my longer road trips this summer, but when I verified the temps of the motherboard and the cpu it was still 30 - 40 degrees below it's danger point.

Viziers, those components look pretty good. The only thing I worry about is the monitor, it says it's a 7'' touchscreen, but there is a large button panel on the side. So either the screen is much smaller than most 7'' monitors, or the unit its self is about an inch wider than most which could make installation more difficult.
Oh and I always thought it would be fun to have a fingerprint scanner start the car...you should do it since you have one.
How would this be for a TS?

http://dynamixcomputers.com/dynamix_816_touch_screen_monitor.html - TS monitor

No need. It's been in for almost a year now, and that includes last winter and this summer.
I'm Canadian eh! so it has seen extreme cold, and the heat of this summer and no ill effects. It did get really warm to the touch on my longer road trips this summer, but when I verified the temps of the motherboard and the cpu it was still 30 - 40 degrees below it's danger point.
i meant relocate it for more cosmetic self gratification feeling //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i suggest you either get a Lilliput or a Xenarc so you get extra "tech-support" from everyone //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Can the Alpine h-701 be used without the Alpine RUX - C701? If so how would you go about doing it with just using the CarPuter and NO HU?

viziers
it can be. but it requires a HU then. the c701 is just a controller all it does is control the h701. you dont have to have the controller plugged in all the time. my friend what he does is plug the controller in and tunes everything. once everything is set he takes the controller out.

it can be. but it requires a HU then. the c701 is just a controller all it does is control the h701. you dont have to have the controller plugged in all the time. my friend what he does is plug the controller in and tunes everything. once everything is set he takes the controller out.

Mega,

Do you know of any other options for a processor that i can use without a HU?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...