Double Din HU Recommnedations!

RunninRedline
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Alright so I'm desperately looking into replacing my factory HU after it's starting to die (changer wont load or eject cd's and radio stations that once were clear now come in hardly at all). So here's my checklist:

1. Double Din Touchscreen

2. Good quality

3. Good SQ

4. 3 sets of pre-outs

I have a Nuvi260W so I don't really need it to have GPS on it, but I would like to be able to play movies off my Ipod on it for road trips for the g/f.

Here is a sample unit that I've been looking at due to it's price. Let me know what you guys think and if it's crap just lemme know.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12291_Panasonic+CQ-VW100U.html

X3 on Kenwood, I was afraid b/c it was "Kenwood" but my DNX8120 is AWESOME! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Dude, that one is crap. My local best bey just happened to be clearing out avic-900fb's. Tagged at $1100 down to $450, Brand new in package, soon to be discontinued, but I didnt mind.

Bluetooth, dvd, touchscreen, with upgraded 2.0 navigation, like a million preouts on the damm thing, usb's, yadda yadda.....Maybe you can still snag one. I could here....

Kenwood DDX512 380 shipped on sonicelectronx.com
That one only has two sets of preouts, but I have heard very good things about them, so much so that I have one on the way. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

i wish i could find another kenwood with higher preouts local or somethin.

may eventually have to throw the cash out for a new one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I think I've decided to go with a Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD it has good S/N ratio of 97dB with 4v Pre-amp outputs, which is the closest I've seen to Eclipse's 5v-7v pre-amp outputs without spending a lot of money.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.