FIBERGLASS - Does the ish not cure in the cold? NOT DRYING

get one of those heat bulbs, the red ones. i even use them when it is nice out to help the resin cure faster if i didnt apply enough hardener or something

You can brush it on too. I have done that before. Just very thin. And just feel the glass. When you put extra MEKP on glass, the glass will harden underneath, and a thin oily layer will be left on top. You don't have to wait for that oily layer to cure, just make sure the glass itself is hard and then wipe the oily layer off with a rag. If you ever do glass again, a good thing to do is heat whatever you are covering first. I usually put a halogen over top of it for a good 10-15 min first before laying the glass down. You really don't need more than 1% MEKP, 2% at the absolute most!

I bought a gallon of hardener with my last purchase of 10gallons of resin...
I like to have enough //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

nG
You don't normally grace us with a post longer than a few words.

And, I know this guy who does fiberglass work for a living, and he carries around this hardcore heat gun... like, hardcore enough where he aimed it at me from 6 ft away and it felt like my face was on fire.

Yeah I glassed my box this week.. I did it in two sections.. 1st part worked out great and dried in about 30mins.. 2nd section I didn't use enough hardner and wont dry at all.. Gave it about 3 days.. Used a heat gun, work lights.. brushed on more hardner.. Nothing would work. I just tossed my box and made a new one because I have a comp in about 9 days and have no time to be dicking around waiting for resin to dry!! LOL!! Expensive mistake!!

GOOD LUCK!!

Aparently the little apce heater I took from my mom worked good, went from soakin went to hard (but not cured) in that hour, was pretty toasty in there, so I just threw on another 2 layer, and Im sure this ones gonna dry fast I used a bit more than recomended hardner this time aswell

btw- mounting 6.5s' in the sail panels...... not easy

Ya man, I had 4 6.5's fiberglassed into my roof (where the visors were) but I took those down and put them in a new center console/armrest I made that holds 4 6.5's

I got 2 left there were fiberglassed in the back but i wanna bring em up front so I thought a nice low intrusion angle to the windshield and some nice glass would be cool, I dunno, Im just bored I guess... they might just end up on the doors

meh, show car and I just like these fiberglass project I guess, cant think of enough things to make

I like my music crazy loud treble wise when Im in a mood, takes a bit of noise to keep up with the 15's clearly. But 6 amped 6.5's and some cdt tweets sound fukin awesome

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.