full windshield tint

elinett
10+ year member

Utah
yeh so i really want to tint my whole front windshield soon because my tint right now (quantum relfective 35% in front, 20 % in back, and 15% in rear i think) still lets a lot of light in and isn't dark enough for my taste. i wouldve got it darker originally but i was worried about po po's but mine is actually slightly illegal in front and utah cops are not very strict cuz ive only heard once or twice of people ever getting busted around here(and both got warnings i think). But anyways, im wondering if any of yall have pics of your or someones car w/ entire windshield tinted and can post pics with percents so i have an idea of what i wanna get. i dont want it to obstruct my vision but i want to go dark enough to make the other windows look alot darker. im thinkn like 35 or 50? any opinions, advice, etc is more than appreciated. thanks

i wouldn't go any darker than 35% windshield... all you really want it to keep the heat out

not make it so its dark or hard to see in or out... just my opinion, but not only that in LA

its illegal to have ANY tint on the front windshield, im not sure about utah tho

Instead of doing the whole winshield. Try getting limo tint and just make it go lower than the normal Spot on the winshield. I forget what they call that tint up top the winshield. But if you hang it lower it should have the effect you want without tinting your whole winshield.

On another note, someone in tampa had their winshield tinted limo and had a slit in the middle, i guess thats where they look to see. It looked ridiculous.

here's a couple pictures of my cars, i tinted them myself.

The escalade has 5% all around, and the the front winshield has 30%.

The Oldsmobile Bravada has 2 1/2% all around. i have not had any trouble with the law yet, but i guess where i live, cops dont care as much, cause everyone here drives expensive cars and they all have 5% all around.

here is the link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/795664/1

check it out

thanks guys, i really like the effect of the whole front windshield tinted. and btw it is illegal in all states to tint the whole front window! with my tint i dont think it would even look that dark considering it is reflective and not black, more of a shimmery dark dark grayish. think 30% would make the other windows look significantly darker, because thats what i want. also, if i have 35% in front windows, what percent would i add to it to make it like 20?

just remember to do a fade effect i.e. the back should be darkest to lightest up front. not light, dark, light. one of my buddies did that, and it looked horrible, he did it by accident so he says lol.

sorry i should have said "it is illegal to tint windshields."

pre tinted? if you mean factory colored glass then no. i had them tinted about a year ago. so youre saying if i have 35 in front then that is the darkest i should go on windshield?

pre tinted? if you mean factory colored glass then no. i had them tinted about a year ago. so youre saying if i have 35 in front then that is the darkest i should go on windshield?
yes, factory colored glass. go as dark as you want to go, its your taste. i personally dont like people lookin inside my car or lookin at me. so i go the darkest i can go but also be able to see outside when its night out.

like my bravada, i have a big system in it, and i dont want people lookin at it and having the idea of jackin my ****, so i went 2 1/2%. and you cant see anything. not even with a mag light //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

but its up to you, if you go darkest just be safe.

ive talked to many people, i have 5% all around and im going with 40% on my windshield everyone that ive talked to told me not to go any lower then that and it still looks black from the outside since i have 5% all around.

i wouldn't go any darker than 35% windshield... all you really want it to keep the heat outnot make it so its dark or hard to see in or out... just my opinion, but not only that in LA

its illegal to have ANY tint on the front windshield, im not sure about utah tho

what do you think an brow is?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.