full windshield tint

tint on windshield = bad idea //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsdown.gif.d22f25895e9b40f2300c953691dacfa2.gif

its a vehicle... your supposed to SEE out of it. dont make the streets more dangerous for yourself and others by restricting your vision... especially at night

I had to join just so i could post on this...

tint on the front windshield is very dependent on tint in the rest of the car... for example, limo on the side windows with NO tint on the windshield is very dangerous. this is all optics. when you stare at a tv in a dark room, everything else is REALLY dark. Turn the tv off, and your eyes get used to it and you can see all around the room.

I have limo all around and 35% ont he windshield, and I have ridden around with people who dont even realize that the front is tinted (AT NIGHT)... now just the same with optics is this fact. Limo all the windows AND 35% the windshield, wait till your eyes get used to it, adn then roll a window down and you are sure to get a headache.

OH, and if you tint the front windshield and roll a window down so that natural light is setting the 'white point' and the front windshield is suddenly very dark. but it all depends on the brightness of the highest white point that is affecting your eyes..

hope this helps, if you do it, do it all the way. I drove a 300C with limo all around and nothing on the window, and it was impossible to take corners at night with fear of ruinning a set of 22" Dub Shaolins...

I had to join just so i could post on this...tint on the front windshield is very dependent on tint in the rest of the car... for example, limo on the side windows with NO tint on the windshield is very dangerous. this is all optics. when you stare at a tv in a dark room, everything else is REALLY dark. Turn the tv off, and your eyes get used to it and you can see all around the room.

I have limo all around and 35% ont he windshield, and I have ridden around with people who dont even realize that the front is tinted (AT NIGHT)... now just the same with optics is this fact. Limo all the windows AND 35% the windshield, wait till your eyes get used to it, adn then roll a window down and you are sure to get a headache.

OH, and if you tint the front windshield and roll a window down so that natural light is setting the 'white point' and the front windshield is suddenly very dark. but it all depends on the brightness of the highest white point that is affecting your eyes..

hope this helps, if you do it, do it all the way. I drove a 300C with limo all around and nothing on the window, and it was impossible to take corners at night with fear of ruinning a set of 22" Dub Shaolins...
so your saying its easier to drive at night with limo all around(what i have) and windshield tinted to ~40%? if so i will go tint it tomorrow lol

it is SOOOO much easier to drive with tint on the front windshield if the windows are tinted all around, let me know how it works for you.. i hated driving limo all around and no tint on the windshield. was realy hard to see out the side at night.... i have had grown people (meaning attitude not age) in my car that dont even notice anything until i tell them. I can usually get away with just saying 'oh its a big car thats why it looks do dark from the outside'

i have limo all the way around limo brow, and the whole windshield at 35%

i hate it when its raining outside i cant see ****

below my post, the pic of my GA, you can kinda see from an inside view of my windshield

sit in someones car who has limo in the back and 35 on the side windows. take a peice of cardboard and block up the windshield so the light wont mess with your eyes and look out that for a minute. then roll the window and look out with NO tint and see the difference it makes on the other windows....

the only way i think it would really make any issue is if you had a bright interior (lots of neons and tvs and stuff like that) because the more light going into your eye, the tinier the eye gets. the tinier your eye gets the less outside light gets in. or if you had a white interior.

The problem with judging by that photo is... it does not matter how dark it looks from outside, even the camera works the same way. if you have bright light , anything that is not that bright will look reallly dark. the only true way to tell is to block out all 'white points' and to look like that. I honestly cant remember what it looked like driving in the rain, but i do know that NOONE ever realized that the windshield was tinted unless I told them or they looked from the outside. or i rolled a window down and blinded them.

Actually, think of it like wearing sunglasses. If you raise the sunglasses up a little bit so that you can see the ground beneath the glasses, the glasses will look really dark, but put them down, and you can see just fine.

you could probably go to a tint palce and ask them if they would just set tint on the outside of the window so you could decide... remember to do it outside so you can have real light to make you decision by. even go to walmart and get one of their rolls of 'cheap tint' and just use it to look through, then return it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.