full windshield tint

thanks guys, i really like the effect of the whole front windshield tinted. and btw it is illegal in all states to tint the whole front window! with my tint i dont think it would even look that dark considering it is reflective and not black, more of a shimmery dark dark grayish. think 30% would make the other windows look significantly darker, because thats what i want. also, if i have 35% in front windows, what percent would i add to it to make it like 20?

you can tint them in TN with authorization from a licensed optician claiming your eyes are too sensitive to light and can cause things like temporary blindness and whatnot. extreme rare case however,

you can tint them in TN with authorization from a licensed optician claiming your eyes are too sensitive to light and can cause things like temporary blindness and whatnot. extreme rare case however,
They wont let you tint the windshield with it though and you still cant get 5% tint on the front side windows either.

I have to agree with someone elses' statement about having 5% all around and then the windshield tinted. There is actually less strain on the eyes having the windshield done and I no longer have to wear sunglasses. I know it is illegal, but am prepared to take the chance because I like the results. BTW, just don't get any reflective tint on the windshielf or the oncoming cars will honk/flash at you and you will almost certainly get pulled over for it. My windshielf is 37% and it is not blatantly obvious that the window is tinted, but it DEFINITELY makes a difference.

I have to agree with someone elses' statement about having 5% all around and then the windshield tinted. There is actually less strain on the eyes having the windshield done and I no longer have to wear sunglasses. I know it is illegal, but am prepared to take the chance because I like the results. BTW, just don't get any reflective tint on the windshielf or the oncoming cars will honk/flash at you and you will almost certainly get pulled over for it. My windshielf is 37% and it is not blatantly obvious that the window is tinted, but it DEFINITELY makes a difference.
The windshield is 37%.....is everything else 5%? If so, then im wondering how in the world you could see out at night? I had a friend with just 50% film on the windshield and 5% all around. And he couldnt see for shit at night. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

The windshield is 37%.....is everything else 5%? If so, then im wondering how in the world you could see out at night? I had a friend with just 50% film on the windshield and 5% all around. And he couldnt see for shit at night. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Don't get me wrong...it' dark and I like it that way. I can see perfectly fine with the tint installed if there are street lights out at night. In completely blacked out area (no streetlights) I have some difficulty, so I crack the window. During the day, it is absolutely perfect visibility and it keeps my car cool. The 37%/5% combination is what is used on our local law enforcement vehicles and since I spend all day in my car, it is more than worth it to me...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.