Honda S2000 Subwoofer *Help/Advice/Input Needed*

pw91686
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Mobile, AL
I have a 2003 Honda S2000. I'm very short so moving the seat up allows me to build an angled subwoofer enclosure. I know that I could easily put a sub in the trunk but I would like to save my trunk space and it would def be lounder to have it in the cabin. I have yet to measure and predict the dimensions for it. But I would assume that the bottom would be approximately 5-6", about 18" or so in height, and 2-3" at the top of the box. I'm thinking of going with either an 8", 10" or 12" subwoofer, depending on which size sub will actually fit and be effecient with the size of the enclosure. I've been looking at some of the shallow-mount jl audio, polk, pioneer, mb quart, memphis, rockford fosgate, kenwood, and kicker subs.

Anyone have any experience with the shallow-mount subwoofers?

Or do you have any recommendations for shallow-mount subs in a small sealed enclosure?

Or is it even worth trying to put a shallow-mount sub behind the seat?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I have two of the 10" Kenwood excellon shallow mount subs (~300 rms to them) in my reg cab chevy trurck... They're decent for what they are. Nothing like my old 15" se's that were in the trunk of my old car, but they're surprisingly loud for shallow mount 10's. The only thing I dont like about them is that they dont hit lower notes too well. I have them in two separate boxes about 1 cuft each

get the single 12 you would rather have sub in trunk then cabin. then you can fit a standard 12 inch subs and your options are endless

Honda S2000 Sub Enclosure - 12"know owner personally and makes amazing boxes
Thanks for the info. Yeah, I saw those boxes on ebay as well. I think i would rather go with the one without the grill cuz its a $50 difference, kind of steep. But $50 for a custom box is a pretty sweet deal, I think I'll definitely go with that. Any recommendations on a 12" sub that will work well in a small sealed enclosure of that size? Also, I'd rather have something that is about 200-500 watts rms. Any info would be appreciated.

I'm putting a system in my S2K too. Just like you, space is a big factor and I want to keep my center well/tool storage if possible. There are a couple of shops building boxes for the corner(s). That space it a little cramped anyway (for like a suitcase) so it seems like a solid solution.

Here's one: http://www.darksidesubs.com/

There's another company doing the same I've talked to. The only downside is the space in the box - you need a sub that will work well in a limited size enclosure.

;6935147']I'm putting a system in my S2K too. Just like you' date=' space is a big factor and I want to keep my center well/tool storage if possible. There are a couple of shops building boxes for the corner(s). That space it a little cramped anyway (for like a suitcase) so it seems like a solid solution.
Here's one: DarkSideSubs S2000 Subwoofer Enclosures

There's another company doing the same I've talked to. The only downside is the space in the box - you need a sub that will work well in a limited size enclosure.
Yeah, I saw that website. But $200 for an enclosure, "F" that... I'd much rather take the time to make one myself!

how much u wanna spend

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I saw those boxes on ebay as well. I think i would rather go with the one without the grill cuz its a $50 difference, kind of steep. But $50 for a custom box is a pretty sweet deal, I think I'll definitely go with that. Any recommendations on a 12" sub that will work well in a small sealed enclosure of that size? Also, I'd rather have something that is about 200-500 watts rms. Any info would be appreciated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.