JL or CDT?

NJzFinestg

hey guys, i have a infiniti g35 coupe show car. im about to complete it with my system now.

i have a JL10w7 im gonna have custom mounted in my trunk but i want some good speakers to go along with all that bass.

i was thinking

JL10w7

JL c5-650 for the front

JL c2-650x rear

JL c2-690tx for the rear deck.

JL HD 900/5 amp

now iv been reading that cdt makes some great stuff but i dont know to much about audio and never heard of cdt but what would be comparable with cdt to the JL speakers i listed? and is the JL speakers i listed pretty good?

thanks

JL speakers are love it or hate it and its best to actually hear them than take online recommendations on them. Some people say they are "too laid back, boring" others say they are "smooth, and relaxing". Personally,I like them but, I think the only JL comps that I'd buy are the C2s...maybe the C5s for the right price. But, like I said, it depends on your ears.

CDT has been getting pretty nice reviews lately and since you're looking at JL C5s, I'm assuming you'll be looking at higher line CDT as well, which is where you need to be when buying CDT.

I have the C2s up front and i really like them. im a sucker for silk dome tweets //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I have the C2s up front and i really like them. im a sucker for silk dome tweets //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Just, for the record, CDT's are silk dome as well...

EDIT: Just read it was a show car, so that's probably why you wanna go with the same brand of everything, and that just happens to be a very expensive JL brand. I would think it'd be cooler to a see a show car with something a bit less common, but still equally good, and would go with the CDT line-up of speakers and amps. Not sure how their subs are, though I've head that JL's W7 series are gems, despite their price.

For what it's worth, I have CDT's lower-end and I'm still pleased with them, but I know the higher-end has better power-handling so I'd go for those in the future anyways. And, you're not gonna be able to hear your rear-deck speakers over your front and rear doors, but if you insist on running them, I'd definitely go for the lower-tier speakers of whichever brand, just to save a bit of money there.

The cdt Es models are what you wanna look at. Find a set that interests you then hit me up for a price. You won't be unhappy with any of the hd or Es lines as well as the mb line

Ya theres alot of JL haters on here so you should take into consideration a few different things... are you buying the JL's local and can you get a good price? Id never pay retail but if you can get a little over cost JL is a good buy. Im runnin a 12w7, c2 6.5's up front and a VR comp set in my rear deck. Sounds pretty **** good and i got all the stuff basically at cost, AND local, AND with authorized warranty.

CDT does make some good stuff, but if you cant buy local you have to deal with shipping times, not seeing or hearing the product first, and if something goes wrong... turnaround times to get new stuff. Alot of the times buying via the internet(i still do too) works, but with a show car id like to have piece of mind i can go to the local store quick and get it handled.

Again, dont buy JL at or near retail.

yes it is a show car and that is why i wanted to go JL to match and i already have my w7 from my previous car. but speakers no 1 can see what brand they are anyway so i may look into the cdt es.

and i never pay retail, i always buy online. i can wait the 2-3 day shipping. i bought my w7 for a steal bnib when i got it.

mylows, ill def hit u up when i find wut i like

thanks guys

I run the CDT HD61 set, jl ant got SHIT on these, go cdt for your doors trust me. That JL 900/5 is a good amp, but you can do better for the money. Although ide say its still a good choice if money isnt an issue

w7 subs are balla though

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...