looking for more spl

you wanting to stick with 12"s or are you leaning towards 15"s...
i'm leaning towards 15's. i'm probably gonna work on my current install to see how i can make it louder, but i'm not sure what more i can do. i know i can do a little more deadening.

mr.swiss i used to live in the NE part of detroit. not too familar with the west side.

b4 goin for other sub.. try changin the position of ur box.. from Left to right..

facing Up wards.. back .. front ... it differs.. unless u lookng for huge difference..

i'm leaning towards 15's. i'm probably gonna work on my current install to see how i can make it louder, but i'm not sure what more i can do. i know i can do a little more deadening.
mr.swiss i used to live in the NE part of detroit. not too familar with the west side.
in my experience deadener does quite the opposite, but every vehicle is different....

if you feel like messin with it, take the higher tuned port and cut some strips of mdf the port width by port legnth and add those to the port...decreasing port area, in turn tuning it a bit lower to sound better with music..

I have always heard that higher tuning = more db's on the mic, but lower tuning is louder to the ear. How about trying something around 26-28 hz?

I have always heard that higher tuning = more db's on the mic, but lower tuning is louder to the ear. How about trying something around 26-28 hz?

that's what i have noticed. when i play my test tone it's uber loud. it kinda gets hard to breathe, but when i play music it isn't that loud and sounds bad. when i have the 32 hz. plug, it isn't quite as loud with the test tone, but the music is louder.

I would try the lower tuning first, and if that isn't enough for you, bump up to the 15's. If two 15" rl-p's aren't loud enough for you then you are nuts. Maybe an 18" avalanche?

i'm gonna try facing the box up since my roof is better deadened then my tailgate. i'm gonna put my 32 hz. plug in my box for daily, but leave in the 39 hz. plug when i get it metered. i think i'm also gonna sludge my quarterpanels.

from what i've heard about these subs they have excellent low-end so i'm probably not doing them justice by tunning them as high as 39 hz. so i might be better off going for like 28 hz. tunning.

i have a single Q not to boast sonic Fx but i have out done every 1 12" system setup out here in louisville, which is awesome i beat most 2 sub setups as well...but its just not enough because i still want it to hit harder but it can be im asking to much from just a single sub setup only running 1800 watts i feel i want to take a step up...but i dont know what i should do or anything...the Q thou wipes the floor barnnun around here for single sub setups.....

from what i've heard about these subs they have excellent low-end so i'm probably not doing them justice by tunning them as high as 39 hz. so i might be better off going for like 28 hz. tunning.
Ill make ya another port if ya want //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Ill make ya another port if ya want //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

could you make like a 26-28 hz. port? i know i would butcher one that low because i could not build it with the bend.

could you make like a 26-28 hz. port? i know i would butcher one that low because i could not build it with the bend.
Ill give it my best shot, but not having it in front of me is going to make it a bit tricky //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif . Gonna need some precise dims on the opening etc....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.