My amplifier is bigger than yours... New sub setup <_<

You need a reciever rack with some neon lights.
Rofl. That would be a bit funny.

A dash mounted install of this would be pretty awesome, too, lol.

15 passenger van is for when we used to use it for camping. Could haul 10 people and equipment and tents for them all pretty easily. ^^

god that looks like ****! one that is not even CAR audio! haha two is that **** legal? thoze wires!!! ahhhhhhh! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

bro do yourself a favor might as well buy a **** xplod amp for CAR audio fvck!
I love the fact it isn't car audio...true diy'er here...though I can't say it's at all a "nice" setup. But if your happy, and you have that thing mounted, and you are okay with the fact that the amp may or may not last long rattling around the trunk of a car at 70mph, then ride on, sir.

I love the fact it isn't car audio...true diy'er here...though I can't say it's at all a "nice" setup. But if your happy, and you have that thing mounted, and you are okay with the fact that the amp may or may not last long rattling around the trunk of a car at 70mph, then ride on, sir.
I appreciate that. I wouldn't want someone else working on my car - for one, I like doing it, two, money, three, I wouldn't trust anyone else. Mainly for the first reason, I actually was considering building my own sub from the parts of my w0's, but I will have to see if I'll pull that off. Since I'll be going from a lack of direct experience, it'll be hit and miss. I'd be happy to see a homemade sub just play a note.

I actually am happy with it - considering I'm out of money (**** girl >_>), that's a good thing. I'm adding foam and rubber bumpers on the bottom side of the amp, too, to minimize vibration impact. I can flip the sub on and off per song, since my inverter is in the front, I can flip the switch, if a song doesn't have low frequencies. Once I get a new car (in a few years), I'll do a whole new setup, may keep the sub, with with an actual amplifier, but until then, I'm cool with this. It's the cleanest, and best sounding, sub, out of the rest at my school. Not the loudest, but definitely sounds better than any other setup. I'm not the only one who thinks that, too ^^

And yeah, it is bolted down in the back, on the underside - not sure it needed it though. Thing took two people to lift out of my basement and into my trunk. It's at least 80 pounds, and bulky.

Is that a P10 G20?
Not sure. 1996 Infiniti G20, 2 liter engine, 16 valve, puts out 140 horse.

stop ^^ typing _
Oic? Not much different than someone making hand motions while they talk - similar concept. I can avoid them if you like, but honestly, it's just an attempt to add more expression to written words.

x10000 i have $65 5 channel amp, $30 components, $20 sub, and no risk of fire or my **** being tossed around in the back
I've now got a good pair of 6x9's in my front (once I took it out to switch out the **** sony xplodes my dad thought were great), which I did some cutting and fitting to get in there, as I'm on an obviously low budget. Kenwoods, they go for $40 on ebay, I got them for $30. Rear is a set of pioneer 6.5" speakers, cost me $20 at a flea market, but are worth and sound as good as any $40-50 pair I could find. Alpine HU was found in a junkyard, working, nice model, unscratched - not sure how it made it there, it should've been taken out. Sub cost me $20, easily worth more than that. Comes in clean, excellent sound, and excellent output - Infinity Perfect 10.1, if anyone's curious. Materials cost me about $30.

Everything's mounted down - fused, no chance of fires. So... I don't think I'm doing too badly.

Hey man that's pretty funny. Are the amp, sub, and inverter mounted in such a way that they can't slide?
Inverter's not, it's just at my feet. However, the wire I used isn't very flexible, so it stays where it is generally. Rest is all bolted down - I'm adding rubber and foam under the amp to keep it steady and minimize vibrations.

why dont you buy a crossover for a few bucks from PE. Or even make one?
PE? Don't know of that, actually. Give me a link, pm, or something, and I'll check into it. It'd be very helpful. I'd make one, but I haven't quite understood crossover structures - I'm looking into it, though.

That addresses everything. Hope I gave a few people a laugh. Honestly, this project was worth it. And I figure I'll just laugh my ass off if anyone ever tries stealing my amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.